Credit Card Concerns

Bholling

I haven't found any that don't incur fees enough to offset the crappy rate. I've been doing a lot of research on this for my med cruise and the best answer either seems to be get one of the few CCs that offer it or just carry some extra cash.

Does anyone know if you can buy prepaid chip and pin cards in Europe for a reasonable price because I checked the travelex website and the prices for the prepaid cards were borderline extortion.

I just got back from Europe. I've never had a problem with my credit card. I always call my bank (for my ATM card) and my credit card company (I usually travel with 2 credit cards just in case something happens to one of them) to let them know I will be away, where I am going and the dates.

The first thing I did at the airport was find an bank ATM machine and took out euros. I did use mostly cash while I was there but did use my credit card a few times in various stores. I've never had a problem. You can always get a small amount of foreign currency from your bank in the US prior to leaving but there is usually a fee involved that is over what you would pay at a foreign ATM. Also, make sure your ATM card has a 4 digit PIN as that is what I've found is required around the world.

I've found it just helps to be prepared...

Archived