When will Carnival bring back Mazatlan?

No news, but with the violence that seems to keep spreading I'm surprised there are ports in Mexico to go to any more! We just took that cruise in November and stayed on the beaten path. Never felt like we were in danger. But just a couple months later passengers were robbed at gunpoint. Since I live in central CA that's the only cruise option I have but hopefully some day the region will settle and more ports will be available. Until then, I'll just sail and enjoy the ship :)

It all depends on the current problems in Mexico. Heck, the only year-round ship in CA for 2013 is a Fantasy-class ship. Miracle will go to Alaska in the summer. Im pretty sure Carnival is the only "major" cruise line there now! (Disney is leaving in December)

• 3 months later...
Has anyone heard news regarding Mazatlan? I loved it there, wondering if it is wishful thinking to hope it gets placed back on the itenerary with Carnival??? What do you all think?

I actually phoned Holland America, (which belongs to the same group as Carnival) and they do have Mazatlan on their itinerary. They said that where the cruise ship goes is safe. I phoned because I thought maybe it was just on the net and they probably didn't really go there. But they do! So just wondering why Carnival hasn't added it back yet?:confused:

Archived