Our 2nd MAGICal Disney Cruise!

karajeboo

We found Ally in the dining room with Tammi and Tori and nabbed her for a stroll around the ship before heading to the show that night. I flat our REFUSED to go see this show because it had me SOBBING the year before, but Ally and Jeff thought it would be "fun" to go again.

Hey look, what's that? Dessert sampler?

DSC_0911_zpsa46130e6.jpg

Don't mind if I do!

DSC_0910_zps3de64954.jpg

This is what has replaced the elusive chocolate buffet. Just some servers hanging out in the atrium with lots of little goodies.

So add those little beauties to the list of foods for this night.....

DSC_0880_zps0cfb13ce.jpg

OK, so that's the MOVIE theater, not the Walt Disney live show theater. Just testing you.....

I do believe Jeff and Ally had to drag me kicking and screaming into the theater this night. It was Dreams. If you've seen it, enough said. If not, trust me when I say it sucks you dry. Tear Jerker Supreme.

DSC_0907_zps3a796dff.jpg

I think that little rat is smiling because she knows she'll be laughing at me soon enough.....

After the show, we headed back to our room to change clothes (and I think so I could just remove the mascara on my cheeks and chin), and Ally decided to play around with her new friend....

DSC_0908_zpsef33eeaa.jpg

Next thing we know, she's gone. Out that door to meet her friends and get into who knows what kind of trouble. Jeff and I decided to head up on deck and get into our own kind of trouble.....

Plow please!!!!!

DSC_0912_zps07cb296a.jpg

DSC_0916_zps9ade3588.jpg

This is my favorite time to see the Mickey pool. No ankle biters, no baby ruths, just peace and quiet......

We stopped off for a quick drink and decided to call it a night. After all, tomorrow is the BEST and the WORST day of the cruise! BEST because it's Castaway Cay, the greatest port EVER! Worst because it's also the LAST day of the cruise......

So..... do you really wanna know what kind of trouble these kids get into on a cruise?

DSC_0862_zps87a50a6c.jpg

ICE CREAM! Too much ICE CREAM!!!! :D

OK, I'm back, but sans video. I just cannot get youtube OR photobucket to accept them. But when it's all said and done, I'll post the link to the FULL movie, set to music, with photos and videos, of the whole cruise. Deal?

We got up bright and early, after all, it's Castaway Cay day!!!! The best and worst day of a 7 night DCL cruise, as anyone will tell you. Best because it's the best port there is! Worst because it's the last day!

We hurried to get ready and make our way HERE!

DSC_0917.jpg

We weren't very smart because we WALKED to this spot, instead of hopping the trams that were waiting right off the ship for cabana guests. Oh well....

After a 10 second check in, a golf cart zipped up, scooped us up and off we went!

DSC_0919.jpg

DSC_0984.jpg

DSC_0986.jpg

We're here!

DSC_0990.jpg

"Our" beach....

DSC_0968.jpg

DSC_0975.jpg

The great thing about the cabanas, especially the lower number (we were in #4), is that you are right by the slides, but your beach is basically private.

DSC_0979.jpg

See how empty our beach was??? And all the cabanas were full!

DSC_0980.jpg

From the beach side....

DSC_0935.jpg

DSC_0934.jpg

DSC_0932.jpg

DSC_0933.jpg

DSC_0941.jpg

OK, enough about the cabana. Did I enjoy it? Yes. Was I super excited when Jeff gave it to Ally and I as a Christmas present? Yes! Was it worth $500? Nope. At least not to us. I wouldn't do it again unless I was splitting with another family or two. I mean, it was nice, and I was glad when Ally's friend Molly snuck over and they were able to spend the day together. But I felt kind of isolated. And we just didn't hang out in there. What's the point of a beautiful beach if you're going to stay in the cabana?

I did enjoy that I could drop off our things and put items in the safe. And it was nice to get our lunch and eat in the cabana. Calling the butler to bring us a drink? Pretty cool. But again, not $500 cool. And after lunch we lost Ally for the day because she and Molly were off together.....

DSC_0981.jpg

And as Ally said, "but the chips were free!"

DSC_0946.jpg

No, Ally, those are $500 potato chips. Enjoy.

Need to get this wrapped up because I will be starting a new TR soon - all about discovering the Dark Side, aka Royal Caribbean......

Just got back yesterday after a medical delay involving my FIL, so it's been quite a whirlwind....

So, where were we?

Ah, yes, Castaway Cay......

Once we got comfy in our cabana, we decided to take advantage of the bikes and head out to the lookout tower.

DSC_0959.jpg

DSC_0957.jpg

I must say, even though it's flat, it's soooooo hot and humid anywhere in the Bahamas, and quite frankly, I don't know what the excitement is in riding bikes here. Mine was really squeaky and climbing the tower didn't give me the view I was expecting. But I've done it now so I don't have to do it again.....

We really didn't do a whole lot on CC this trip - so far we haven't had great weather either trip there. The first time it rained most of the day, this time we had pretty heavy cloud cover most of the day.

We tried snorkeling but it was so choppy out that it was a lot of work to get anywhere. And not much to see once we did get out. Very cloudy water. And then Ally saw Barry. You know, Barry the Barracuda? She freaked and got back to shore pretty quick!!!!!

SCAN0052.jpg

Leaving CC is always sad. I hate that it's the very last day because it just adds insult to injury!!!!

DSC_0996.jpg

But alas, it was time to head in. I mean, really, how do you do it? Not only are you leaving a beautiful private island. But you know it's the last night. And to top it off you get to pack up and try to figure out how to carry off the ship the few things you need for the next morning. There's no easy way to do it.....

I hate that stupid sign.

DSC_1001.jpg

DSC_1004.jpg

Once we got back on board, I decided to get packed up and then go have some fun. After all, this was it.....

So we moped out on deck for a little while.....

DSC_1008.jpg

Then made our way to dinner. Where they choose to further rub salt into the wound with the title of the menu.....

DSC_1013.jpg

I mean, really? Happiest place on earth, my behind!!!! Evil mouse, I tell ya!!!

Really? Peter Pan's shoe? Is that to KICK us out??? Not very subtle, Mickey, you need to work on that!!!!

DSC_1010.jpg

Well, I forgot to take pics of food the last night, because I was too busy moping around..... I just HATE the last night! It's bad enough just knowing the trip is almost over, but then when you know that your luggage is GONE until you are off the ship and you can't help but wonder, did I leave out any clean underwear for the next day?

Even worse than the nameless, tasteless food, is saying goodbye to our servers. Not our all time faves, but I think having early seating made it a bit harder to get to know them. Late seating and they are not the least bit rushed to get cleaned up for another seating, so they have more time for chit chat. But Gusti really was a pro......

DSC_1035.jpg

Stiliyan was "ok" but always seemed to be in a hurry. Still, great with our whole table!

So I'll skip dinner and head straight to the WORST event on the ship.....

"Now it's time to say goodbye....."

Yada yada yada......

DSC_1040.jpg

DSC_1044.jpg

DSC_1043.jpg

DSC_1058.jpg

DSC_1059.jpg

The final event of the cruise was a trip to Studio Sea to see Ally and Molly ON STAGE????

Yes, my child was singing karaoke with Molly!!!! Jonas Brothers, eat your hearts out!

DSC_1071.jpg

DSC_1076.jpg

They did a great job!!!! It was truly a magical end to a magical vacation!!!

And as promised.....

Here is the FULL movie, set to music, complete with photos and videos..... Hope you enjoy!!!

Need to get this wrapped up because I will be starting a new TR soon - all about discovering the Dark Side, aka Royal Caribbean......

Just got back yesterday after a medical delay involving my FIL, so it's been quite a whirlwind....

So, where were we?

Ah, yes, Castaway Cay......

Once we got comfy in our cabana, we decided to take advantage of the bikes and head out to the lookout tower.

DSC_0959.jpg

DSC_0957.jpg

I must say, even though it's flat, it's soooooo hot and humid anywhere in the Bahamas, and quite frankly, I don't know what the excitement is in riding bikes here. Mine was really squeaky and climbing the tower didn't give me the view I was expecting. But I've done it now so I don't have to do it again.....

We really didn't do a whole lot on CC this trip - so far we haven't had great weather either trip there. The first time it rained most of the day, this time we had pretty heavy cloud cover most of the day.

We tried snorkeling but it was so choppy out that it was a lot of work to get anywhere. And not much to see once we did get out. Very cloudy water. And then Ally saw Barry. You know, Barry the Barracuda? She freaked and got back to shore pretty quick!!!!!

SCAN0052.jpg

Leaving CC is always sad. I hate that it's the very last day because it just adds insult to injury!!!!

DSC_0996.jpg

But alas, it was time to head in. I mean, really, how do you do it? Not only are you leaving a beautiful private island. But you know it's the last night. And to top it off you get to pack up and try to figure out how to carry off the ship the few things you need for the next morning. There's no easy way to do it.....

I hate that stupid sign.

DSC_1001.jpg

DSC_1004.jpg

Your reports just keep getting better!! I hope you let me know where I can read your Royal Caribbean trip report. We have a RCCL cruise booked for next year.

Your reports just keep getting better!! I hope you let me know where I can read your Royal Caribbean trip report. We have a RCCL cruise booked for next year.

I hope to start it sometime this week - I'll put the link on this thread. Let's just say..... I don't know if I'll ever sail DCL again after the fabulous cruise we had on Freedom of the Seas!!!

I hope to start it sometime this week - I'll put the link on this thread. Let's just say..... I don't know if I'll ever sail DCL again after the fabulous cruise we had on Freedom of the Seas!!!

We will be on The Jewel Of The Seas next May for a Southern Caribbean cruise. First time on RCCL.

Yes each deck has coin laundry and ironing boards plus you can send out laundry or just items for pressing. That's what Jeff does now instead if worrying about his dress shirts making it, he just folds them in suitcase and sends them to be pressed the first night! And super cheap - maybe $2 per shirt?

I have read both your reports and I'm still laughing! Can not wait until your freedom of the seas report...... Please post soon I need more comedy :D

We bailed out of muster drill, well not BAILED exactly, that is not exactly the best term to use when getting ready to head out to sea...... But as soon as we EXITED muster drill, we ran back to the cabin... well, not RAN exactly because that would be dangerous.... we WALKED BRISKLY back to our cabin to check for our luggage.

Dang Flabbit! The bag of water was there, but still no sign of my luggage or Ally's..... And we're the pretty ones!!! We need our "stuff" for fixin up!

So off we BRISKLY WALKED to Deck 10 to scope out our spot for Sail Away. I wanted to be near starboard forward area (that's the right front for you land lubbers) so we would be visible on the Port Canaveral webcam for sailaway. I had already posted our spot on Facebook and by golly I was gonna be there to wave to all those poor saps back home!!! Especially those who were watching from work.

I found a nice spot by the rail, right behind a little "table" so I could rest my DOTD.... Priorities, my friends..... priorities.

DSC_0175.jpg

Ally and Tori were wedged in right by the rail and we all had our streamers to wave......

DSC_0173.jpg

And then.

It

Was

Time!

Tisa came out to introduce us to some very important folks.... "Moms and Dads, these are your new best friends for the week.... The youth activities team!!!!!"

DSC_0174.jpg

Oh yeah, we cheered.... we sang... we danced...

DSC_0176.jpg

Some obviously better than others....

We then got to meet our Cruise Director.... he was no Peter Popper (aka Peter Hoffer)......

This time we got....

DSC_0178.jpg

Darren McBlarneystone (aka Darren McBarney).

Something about those microphones at sea... they distort names something AWFUL!!!! Or maybe it was those Drinks of the Day!!!!

Loved loved LOVED Darren McBlarneystone!!!!

Especially when he introduced his friends!!!

Yes, that was JEff filming me crying..... hey it's what I do - don't judge me!!!

What is it about that stupid mouse???? He makes me so stupid and happy and weepy and happy and, oh heck, just keep reading....

Love your report.

May I ask where you get the streamers for the sail away? We are a group of 10 and we want to be sure we have streamers for Fish Lips Port Canaveral webcam in September.

Love your report.

May I ask where you get the streamers for the sail away? We are a group of 10 and we want to be sure we have streamers for Fish Lips Port Canaveral webcam in September.

Never fear, streamers are out en force at sailaway! Cast members are there with plenty for you and your group!!!!!

I have enjoyed reading every post of your review. Thanks so much for doing such an amazing review. I really want to take my kids on a Disney cruise next time I visit the USA.

Archived