Air Con and Balcony Doors on Norwegian Epic

Evangaline

When we sailed on the Oasis of The Seas, I discovered that the balcony door had to be locked in order for the air conditioning to work. This was an unwelcome disappointment for me. My husband needs to nap in late afternoon due to health issues. The idea was for me to sit on the balcony while he did this which is why I booked the balcony stateroom. My husband needed the air con as it would quickly get uncomfortably hot, but I did not want to lock myself out on the balcony- way too disconcerting. Consequently, I never used the balcony. I also changed our plans for us to sail on the Allure of The Seas later. My question is whether or not this is the same situation on the Norwegian Epic: do you need to lock your balcony door for the air conditioning to work?

Thanks anyone for your help in advance. We are booked on The Epic and I want to make sure before I firm up.

The AC will work with the balcony door unlocked. I spent plenty of time on the balcony reading while my husband stayed inside the cabin either napping or playing on his nintendo ds and the AC inside worked just fine.

Enjoy your cruise!!

But the door should be closed so that the AC does not overload and effect not just your cabin but others on the same AC section.

No worries. I always close the balcony door so its stays cool in the cabin. I just don't want to have to lock myself out on the balcony. Yikes!!! Anyway, from the responses, it looks like the Epic set-up is fine.

Archived