Recommendations - Nassau Excursions with Teens

unforgettable

We'll be spending two days in Nassau over Memorial Day weekend with our son, age 15, and his male cousin, age 17, on our upcoming Carnival Imagination cruise.

Any recommendations on port activities or excursions (and the tour operators offering them) that would be particularly appealing for two active teens? Some of their interests are snorkeling, basketball, beach volleyball, waterparks, and other watersports.

DH and I had originally planned on spending one day with them at Atlantis (we've been twice before) but it's cost-prohibitive for waterpark access and not worth it for the regular day pass. And, certainly, relaxing on a local beach isn't going to be their cup of tea.

Thanks!

So 76 people have read this thread but not a single person has replied? First time ever for us on CC.

C'mon...these boards are full of well-traveled cruisers and even some locals - someone has got to have brought some teens or has seen teens enjoying themselves in Nassau, right?

Please don't let a Mom down, CC'ers!! I refuse to hear my kids complain that the Bahamas is lame!

We'll be spending two days in Nassau over Memorial Day weekend with our son, age 15, and his male cousin, age 17, on our upcoming Carnival Imagination cruise.

Any recommendations on port activities or excursions (and the tour operators offering them) that would be particularly appealing for two active teens? Some of their interests are snorkeling, basketball, beach volleyball, waterparks, and other watersports.

DH and I had originally planned on spending one day with them at Atlantis (we've been twice before) but it's cost-prohibitive for waterpark access and not worth it for the regular day pass. And, certainly, relaxing on a local beach isn't going to be their cup of tea.

Thanks!

Sorry.. I guess I'm in a bad mood.. I get a little put off when parents let their kids dictate what they should and shouldn't do on vacation. (I traveled with kids and grands so don't think I don't know about teens.)

What are you and DH planning to do while they would be playing basketball or volleyball.. don't you want to do something fun for everyone/???

Since there are teens, they can't do jet skis, drive scooters, drink or gamble etc..

you might try seqways. something you all can do together.

There's also a ton of fun snorkeling, personal subs, shark snorkeling, etc.

www.stuartcove.com

www.seahorsesailingadventures.com

www.majestictoursbahamas.com

http://www.bahamassegwaytours.com/

Thanks, Scubagirrl, for stepping up and responding to my posting.

The entire reason for the cruise is to celebrate our son's 16th birthday - he's been dying to go on a cruise (we usually leave him at home) so we thought that a 3-day itinerary to the Bahamas would be a great experience to give him as his gift.

We like to sail and snorkel (and I think that the boys will enjoy it, too) so that will probably be our best bet or we may just end up spending the day at the Sheraton/Wyndham properties as you recommend.

If we do opt for the sail/snorkel route, can you recommend a company that provides this service in Nassau?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived