Pearl or epic

I am looking at these cruises for next year. I like the the Pearl better because it has 4 ports including their island. I have been to both Nassau and Cozumel so each has a port I have been to already. I know Epic is a mega ship but it gets so many mixed reviews. Is it worth extra money for all the extra activities?

I just got off Epic 2 days ago. It was my 1st NCL cruise so I can't compare it to Pearl. I will say that I really enjoyed Epic. It is a huge ship and there is a lot to do on board. The entertainment was outstanding. I did get the feeling that I was in a bit of a floating Vegas. I was okay with that :D.

If I were just considering the ships I might take The Pearl if I wanted to relax. I would take Epic if I wanted top notch entertainment.

Mr Tricky is right about the Epic. She is lots of fun. Do see Cirque Dreams and Dinner, very good, I saw it twice! Extra, but well worth it.

LOVED Fat Cat Blues Club, Headliners Comedy Club, Blue Man Group and on and on. I love O'Sheehans and the big screen below for movies, etc. Have sailed her three times and sailed on Jewel and Gem, Pearls sisters. I say forget the ports and go for the ship. You will cruise again, I'm sure!

Negative reviews. What's new, don't let that give you pause. Check her out and see what I mean!

I've sailed both Pearl and Epic. Prior to the Epic, the Pearl was my favorite ship. Now it's the Epic but about a mile and a half. I have Epic booked again for next year.

That said, I'm still considering canceling the Epic in favor of a ship I've never sailed, the Dawn, because the Epic's Eastern itinerary just doesn't do much for me. The Epic would be the only shipped I've ever sailed on twice, and it would be just for the ship. It's that good.

If you've been to the ports of call already and won't be doing much new, I'd stick with the Epic. If you haven't, and you really prefer a land-packed itinerary, and there are ports on the Pearl itinerary that are really interesting to you, then I'd say go with the Pearl.

I have sailed on Epic and Pearl in the last six months and I would echo the remarks of the previous posters. The entertainment and food on Epic are better than the Pearl. If the itinerary is THAT important to you, go with the Pearl. Otherwise, I prefer Epic. When you read the reviews, do you think that you will be sensitive to the same things that other people seem to be complaining about? Don't get my wrong, I love the Pearl, but Epic is like the Pearl on steroids - in a good way :) Let me know if you have any specific questions about the difference between the two. - aj

Not sure what the mixed reviews are of Epic, but at least you know going in that it's a mega ship. If the itinerary is the same, then it would be what extra could be done on the ship I would think. The Pearl has some extras but from what I've read, nothing near along the lines of Epic.

I agree with Mr. Tricky.

Epic and Pearl cruiser here too. Totally agree with above comments - it's apples and oranges - so hard to compare. If itinerary is important, go with the Pearl. If food & entertainment are more important, go with the Epic. I just think the Epic is so unique to any other ship, that's why I keep going back :-)

I am looking at these cruises for next year. I like the the Pearl better because it has 4 ports including their island. I have been to both Nassau and Cozumel so each has a port I have been to already. I know Epic is a mega ship but it gets so many mixed reviews. Is it worth extra money for all the extra activities?

I would say the EPIC is like Las Vegas and the Pearl is more like a traditional NCL cruise. That said, we preferred the Pearl.

I would say the EPIC is like Las Vegas and the Pearl is more like a traditional NCL cruise. That said, we preferred the Pearl.

I completely agree. I prefer the Pearl too. The Pearl seemed more relaxing while Epic was sensory overload. If it's action you seek, then go with Epic. If you're looking for peace, go with Pearl.

Archived