Wedding Invitations!!

I do graphic design, so I designed our invitations as little passport booklets. You can find simpler versions online or even DIY instructions, but I really wanted to customize mine so I just made it from scratch. They came out very pretty and everyone who got them said it was a really clever idea. They even can serve as a memento/part of the favor.

If you're interested in seeing what I did, let me know and I can email you some pages from ours with the personal details blacked out. If you don't feel comfortable with/up to the hassle of designing your own from scratch, there is one artist on Etsy who does some really cute ones, too:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/78924842/passport-destination-wedding-invitations?utm_source=googleproduct&utm_medium=syndication&utm_campaign=GPS

I wanted something ocean themed, but not over the top or tacky. I also was looking for something modern and reasonably priced so I went with weddingpaperdivas.com. The only regret I have is I wish I made my save the date different from my invitation, they were too close in design and so there was no surprise when the invitation was sent.

http://www.weddingpaperdivas.com/search/oceans has some nice designs

I do graphic design, so I designed our invitations as little passport booklets. You can find simpler versions online or even DIY instructions, but I really wanted to customize mine so I just made it from scratch. They came out very pretty and everyone who got them said it was a really clever idea. They even can serve as a memento/part of the favor.

If you're interested in seeing what I did, let me know and I can email you some pages from ours with the personal details blacked out. If you don't feel comfortable with/up to the hassle of designing your own from scratch, there is one artist on Etsy who does some really cute ones, too:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/78924842/passport-destination-wedding-invitations?utm_source=googleproduct&utm_medium=syndication&utm_campaign=GPS

I would love to see your idea too! My email is elverdier81@gmail.com

Thank you!!

Invitation by Dawn has some really unique designs. I love so many of them. I think I might go with the ones that look like a tactful green and white tropical boarding pass. Tried Vista Print, but I didn't like the sizes. I think I will use Vista Print for save the date magnets.

So all you past brides and brides to be, any suggestions on invitations? The only ones that I've found so far that are cruise related I wasn't too fond of. What did you guys use or are using? :)

We're having two different types.

For our family who are cruising with us we're having passport style invitations which will include the wedding and cruise details. We're having a party back home and doing message in a bottle invitations for our party guests, which will have the party details. Each bottle will have a bit of sand at the bottom and a small shell. The invitation will be printed on certificate paper which has a 'worn' look and will be rolled up with a cork in the top. The luggage tag in the photo will have our guests names on and will be tied to the bottle. Each bottle will have a drop of coconut scent dropped into it before the cork goes in to give it a tropical smell.

Pics below xx

1936093073_cruisepassport1.jpg.23ac20df6a918d6e3c4a761ddee1a5b2.jpg

1144764330_cruisepassport4.jpg.79a3040f81ccaaaf72623baa048537a2.jpg

1614968068_photo(1).JPG.1f0b5bdc07f1c0359ecb1fdcb40f1f1b.JPG

So all you past brides and brides to be, any suggestions on invitations? The only ones that I've found so far that are cruise related I wasn't too fond of. What did you guys use or are using? :)

We did regular invitations without a beach or tropical theme. We also sent a very detailed letter explaining what we were doing, how to book and other important information. Our guests love them and were very appreciative of the letter. We got our invitations from Zazzle . Com and I created the letter myself.

We are doing boarding pass invites that we designed ourselves. One ticket will be the invite and the other will be the RSVP card with directions. We're also making sleeves (like the old-school ones that Carnival used to send) and mailing them in a #10 with a liner.

We are planning on doing passport wedding invitations. I did scour the internet and found one company that I felt had really good quality and was less expensive than everyone else's passport invitations. I wasn't going to try and take the time to make them myself because even though I could design them, I don't want to worry about putting them together and if they didn't come out perfect, it would have bothered me.

http://www.custompassports.com This is their website. I really like that they have so many different styles and they also have videos to explain how they work and to show you the quality of their paperstock.

Good luck with whatever you choose! :D

I would love to see your idea too! My email is xxxxxxxx

Thank you!!

I saved your e-mail address and I'll send you pics when I get home, in case you want to delete your email address from your message :)

I forgot to mention that although I designed our invitations, we sent them out to be printed and assembled. It was significantly cheaper than having it designed & printed at the same place.

We're having two different types.

For our family who are cruising with us we're having passport style invitations which will include the wedding and cruise details. We're having a party back home and doing message in a bottle invitations for our party guests, which will have the party details. Each bottle will have a bit of sand at the bottom and a small shell. The invitation will be printed on certificate paper which has a 'worn' look and will be rolled up with a cork in the top. The luggage tag in the photo will have our guests names on and will be tied to the bottle. Each bottle will have a drop of coconut scent dropped into it before the cork goes in to give it a tropical smell.

Pics below xx

I plan on doing message in a bottle invitations as well, but one question for you. How will your guests get the rolled up paper out of the bottle without emptying out all of the sand? This is the one roadblock we've hit.

I plan on doing message in a bottle invitations as well, but one question for you. How will your guests get the rolled up paper out of the bottle without emptying out all of the sand? This is the one roadblock we've hit.

You attach a string to the cork that is wrapped around the paper inside or , if you are putting a stick or tiny dowel on the top portion of the invite you can attach the string to that. I asked the same question to the place we are getting ours.

We're only putting a small amount of sand at the bottom. Im going to roll up the invite tight and put it in but try to keep it at the neck of the bottle so they can just stick their finger in and putt it out. As a result we wont be pushing the corks right the way down the bottle neck.

We found this useful, so thought Id share it with you...

http://www.bottles.us/articles/make-a-message-in-a-bottle.html

At first I was going to do Message in Bottle invites and bought all of the items from http://www.bottlemeamessage.com/

But then I got a bit more inspired and began to design these boarding pass invitations in a type of ticket holder. I wanted something a little more traditional than some of the other types of "destination" invitations.

I am planning to use the MIB's as thank you's to ppl who traveled very far for our wedding!

I looooove these!!! Thank you for sharing!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi There!

Your invitations are great!!! I would love to use the same ones and just change the color and wording to match our theme. The fonts are both fantastic! Could you give me the details of who you worked with? If you literally DIY, could you send me the wording for your RSVP, Cruise tips, and your font names? My personal email is pperdomo128@gmail.com.

Thank you SO much!

Here's a pic of my message in a bottle invitation.

The bottle itself was a normal glass bottle of water.

We put a small amount of sand in the bottom followed by a few shells - both sources from our local beach.

I printed the invitation and rolled it up tight.

We got ribbon in our wedding colour (teal) and attached a small anchor charm to one end and tied the other end to the rolled up invite.

We then boiled the corks and put them in.

We then attached the luggage tag which will have our guests names on them.

Just when we're ready to send them out we will put a drop of coconut scent in.

What do you think?

2.jpg.6189806894c8a53e15f29eb614b07937.jpg

Archived