Nabbed Liberty´s cabin 1702...

...for next year´s May 10 sailing.

Have been yearning for an aft cabin and this fits the budget. And the continent as I live in Germany!

Did a brief search and liked what I saw about 1702. Does anyone have any experiences they can share?

Am really excited:D even though it´s more than a year away:eek:.

ksmd

I got the room as well for the October 2013 TA.

I'd love to hear experiences about the room as well.

I'm looking forward to breakfast on the balcony on our first sea day looking out at nothing but open ocean

Breakfast on the balcony....that sounds perfect! Wish I could be doing that right now as a matter of fact!

We had an aft balcony on the Jewel and became fanatics as soon as we pulled out of Miami. What an amazing view to be able to have...not to mention the space. Have to say that really hooked on us cruising.

A TA! That is really something to look forward to!

ksmd

You'll absolutely love the AFT balcony. DH and I have been in 1702 & 1704 on the Liberty and Freedom and the balcony is huge. We had 2 chairs, 2 loungers and a small table. :)

Perfect! I´ll just have to cross my fingers for the next 387 days that the weather is nice enough to really be able to use the balcony. This year´s has left a lot to be desired!

ksmd

We have been the other side in 1406 which is a JS and 1402 which is a D1 balcony , loved being back there but would have loved to nab either 1400 or 1700 , those balcony cabins are the biggest , almost the same size as a JS , they have the pole at the bottom of the bed but the layout of the room is much better than the usual balcony .

We have been the other side in 1406 which is a JS and 1402 which is a D1 balcony , loved being back there but would have loved to nab either 1400 or 1700 , those balcony cabins are the biggest , almost the same size as a JS , they have the pole at the bottom of the bed but the layout of the room is much better than the usual balcony .

1700 was available but I had to be realistic. Lets just say I am a little bit accident prone and I saw myself running into that pole! A pole in the morning without an ounce of coffee running through my veins might have proven to be dangerous!:D

We had 1402 on the Liberty TA last year, we absolutely loved it.

When we booked we had the choice of the corners too but picked 1402 because we much prefer the balcony, we tend to be balcony people rather than cabin people:)

Just left that cabin on April 14th. We really enjoyed the huge balcony, but I will say that your view is better when standing than sitting. We had one lounger, one chair with footstool, four regular chairs and one small table. There was some vibration but we slept great. No noise from the windjammer above. A bit of a walk from the stairs and elevator but no passby traffic at night. Our DS 10 slept fine on the sofa bed, but it is firm.

I peeked over at the 1700 and 1704 balconies and each one had at least one lounger as well. It looked like 1700 had to lean out to see things on the other side, but we could see to both sides well.

Enjoy!

TMC

Just left that cabin on April 14th. We really enjoyed the huge balcony, but I will say that your view is better when standing than sitting. We had one lounger, one chair with footstool, four regular chairs and one small table. There was some vibration but we slept great. No noise from the windjammer above. A bit of a walk from the stairs and elevator but no passby traffic at night. Our DS 10 slept fine on the sofa bed, but it is firm.

I peeked over at the 1700 and 1704 balconies and each one had at least one lounger as well. It looked like 1700 had to lean out to see things on the other side, but we could see to both sides well.

Enjoy!

TMC

Thanks for your answer, TMC!

Your description of the space is wonderful! Just to have that is such a luxury.

Glad to hear that the WJ was not an issue. We had an aft on the Jewel and had an early morning wake up jam session at around 6ish. Always knew the approximate time! Fortunately we never had a problem getting back to sleep.

You pointed out another advantage of an aft: no passby traffic! On the Monarch we were very close to the elevators and noticed it. Some even were singing...entertaining!

Thanks for taking the time to post!

ksmd

Archived