Where to stay in Rome

I can recommend the Grand Hotel Palace. It is located on the Via Veneto, across the street from the American Embassy, within easy walking distance of the Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain. The Westin Excelsior and the Marriott Flora are also nearby. Many cafes and restaurants are also in the area. A nice breakfast was included in the price of the room, and even included made-to-order eggs, if one wished.

The hotel is an older property that has been refurbished and belongs to the Boscolo chain of hotels. Google a search and you can get lots of information about them and the hotel.

We are booked early June at the Caesar House Residenze Romane and the Boscolo Exedra. I researched on www.tripadvisor.com. Actually I researched Fodors, Frommers, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Octopus, Venere, and others over a period of several weeks, then made final decisions based on trip advisor comments. Good Luck!

Marion10,

Thanks very much. This looks like a nice hotel in a great location. They are offering some great summer rates.

I will be sure to check out the rome-hotels website as well.

Thanks

We would stay again in a minute. We took the 110 Tourist Bus that takes you all over Rome one day and the Archebus that takes you out to the catacombs another day.Both a few blocks away. We took the subway over to the vatican. We spent 4 days in Rome and nevr took a taxi. They also arranged a very reasonable ride to the airport for us, but I forget the price of that.

We decided to take a risk and book Tripadvisor's #1 rated Rome Hotel - The Hotel Santa Maria. It was wonderful, though the location is not as central as some other. The staff are amazing and arranged for our party to be picked up at the airport and taken to the hotel for EU$60 (four people) and arranged our transportation to the ship along with a little sightseeing tour for EU$110, a bargain last year.

The hotel is very nice and affordable - we only paid about $180 for the night, this when most hotels were running over $300.

• 1 month later...

Our daughter and husband just came back form two weeks in Italy and they stayed at the Hotel Santa maria noted above. They loved it! They said it was the best hotel of their trip. They booked it because of the tripadvisor.com comments.

Ciana

Archived