Triumph: Just back..

skittl1321

We didn't save the fun times, but if you are looking for anything in particular, I can see if I can remember it. The things that were different is that we don't think there was a Carnival Legends show, and no superstar Karaoke (live band), no dance class on the second sea day, and there is a midnight Burlesque show (though except for a couple of dirty jokes, it wasn't much different from the normal shows- they wear skimpier costumes than I recall on other ships.)

In Progresso we did the Uxmal ruins and they were fantastic. Not good for someone without good mobility- as there was a lot of walking, and steps. The drive was 90 minutes on an air conditioned bus (we booked from Carnival) and we had 3 hours at the site. Half was a guided tour, and then we got to roam and climb one of the pyramids. We heard from those who when to Chichen Itza that the drive was too long and while it was neat, not quite worth it, so I think we made the right choice. Lots of people said they had good beach days, but the beaches are gulf coast ones, not Carribean.

You didn't ask- but in Cozumel we went snorkeling at Dzul-Ha/Money Bar and it was phenomenal. We heard great things about the Dolphin swim at chakanab park too.

I was reading people recently coming back from progresso saying it is still this way and this is what we experienced in 2004 so hmmmm apparently nobody wants to make this a relaxing port day for us!!! LOL so after Double Decker Bus a little walking around town (people have told me in town its not bad with people like that) grab a few cheap goods and drinks take some photos and head back to the ship for the relaxing time LOL

I think you are right! Although I am interested in getting one of those $15 massages in the beach.

Archived