Switching Cabins

Creole Girl

We were originally booked in an aft balcony cabin(I belive that is what they are called, the ones in the very back of the ship with the extended balcony). I switched to a cabin mid ship because of worries about motion sickness. We had a rear cabin like this, OV, when we had sailed the Inspiration out of New Orleans and DH had motion sickness the first day and I on the second day, but a pill took care of that which the room steward gave my DH. Plus I was concerned because I had read that you could see over the balcony dividers at the rear of the ship.

Now after doing a lot of research here on the board I have found what motion sickness pills to bring and information regarding these cabins from other members. Our final payment is due May 8, but when checking the website this morning, as I do everyday, I discovered there are now 2 of these balcony cabins available. Do you think it is a good idea to switch based upon location, or would you just stay put?

I have stayed on the aft on the Victory-- stay low. try to get a cabin as close to the water as possible-- deck 6.

Dont worry about the lounge under neath--we never heard a sound form the lounge. Never experienced any more motion.

(cant really compare Destiny to the Inspiration as they are differnt ships)

As far as looking down on the balcony below... you can see the railing and maybe a foot or two in. There is an overhang that prevents seeing into the whole balcony.

Now--jsut to prepare you-- if you wanted to switch you will more then likely have to pay the difference in price.

I have stayed on the aft on the Victory-- stay low. try to get a cabin as close to the water as possible-- deck 6.

Dont worry about the lounge under neath--we never heard a sound form the lounge. Never experienced any more motion.

(cant really compare Destiny to the Inspiration as they are differnt ships)

As far as looking down on the balcony below... you can see the railing and maybe a foot or two in. There is an overhang that prevents seeing into the whole balcony.

Now--jsut to prepare you-- if you wanted to switch you will more then likely have to pay the difference in price.

Serene,

Need your expertise, please. We are in an 8C aft balcony on the Victory. Will it be noisy and will we have cigarettes and other things dropped on our balcony from the Lido deck?

Thanks,

Sandy

We stayed in 6440 which is on the upper deck. (closest to the water)

Your 8 c is located on the Verandah deck right uder the lido deck. Only from reading these boards do I know that sometimes the cabins back there will hear the chairs scrapping the floors in the morning. Other then that--it will be nice. We were ontop of the lounge and heard nothing at all all week.

Cigerettes--although nothing ever came down while we were sitting out there --there was a few morning that there were butts on the floor of the balcony when we got up.

Be warned-- do not sleep out there are they turn on some kind of hose thing in the wee hours to hose the ocean spray off the back of the ship. You will wake up some mornings and swear it rained all night.

You are protected by a glass wall on the lido deck...people will not be throwing stuff onto you from there. ALso when you look down you see railings and maybe a foot into the other balconies.

We stayed in 6440 which is on the upper deck. (closest to the water)

Your 8 c is located on the Verandah deck right uder the lido deck. Only from reading these boards do I know that sometimes the cabins back there will hear the chairs scrapping the floors in the morning. Other then that--it will be nice. We were ontop of the lounge and heard nothing at all all week.

Cigerettes--although nothing ever came down while we were sitting out there --there was a few morning that there were butts on the floor of the balcony when we got up.

Be warned-- do not sleep out there are they turn on some kind of hose thing in the wee hours to hose the ocean spray off the back of the ship. You will wake up some mornings and swear it rained all night.

You are protected by a glass wall on the lido deck...people will not be throwing stuff onto you from there. ALso when you look down you see railings and maybe a foot into the other balconies.

Thank you Serene. I appreciate your help.

Sandy

Archived