Anyone travel in the splendor with teens?

mbclaw13

Where there plenty of activities for a 15 and 17 year old? Was it easy for them to meet other teens?

I've traveled on the Splendor with my teen daughter. We spend time together when we travel, so can't comment on any arranged activities for that age group. But check your Fun Times (it'll be in your cabin) for when the get togethers are for the teens--have them go to the first one and they'll meet other teens. Have fun!!

Where there plenty of activities for a 15 and 17 year old? Was it easy for them to meet other teens?

I haven't yet brought our teen on the Splendor, but will bring her (she will be 16) this July. I can tell you this, however: When we went on the Splendor earlier this month, we visited the teen club, called O2, and it was BEAUTIFUL and the teens were active and having a great time. The club is huge and one of the best things is that it is right in the heart of the ship, on deck 5, right next to the sushi bar, the coffee bar, the video arcade, a bunch of music venues (where teens are always welcome!), etc. The club O2 itself has dance floors, sitting areas, a soda bar/smoothie fountain, an air hockey game, etc. Jerry and I were jealous that we couldn't hang out there :D (JK!!)

Last summer we did take our teen (15 at the time) on the Triumph out of NOLA, and she LOVED the Club O2, and found it easy to meet teens and have a great time. And that Club O2 wasn't nearly as nice or as well situated as the one on the Splendor.

Many teens go to Club O2 and meet others, and then go off in groups. They participate in some activities and just hang out for others. As I said, they are welcome in music venues. One fun thing I noticed is that a bunch of them enjoyed the Superstar Live night, where they get to sing with a rock band and also Karaoke. Of course, they also loved roaming the ship, taking over the jacuzzis and having fun on the Lido at night, as they do on every ship.

I do have a strong recommendation: Book early dining!! We made the mistake of booking late dining on the Triumph, and Erika always had to leave dinner early because she didn't want to miss her Club O2 activities. For July we have booked early dining, which will allow us a more relaxed family time before Club O2 activities begin for the evening.

I'm sure that your teens will enjoy their club O2 and will meet other teens and have fun, as mine will this coming up July.

Pics of CLUB O2 and the ARCADE on the SPLENDOR in my WEBSHOTS below. Will be taking my 3rd cruise on the SPLENDOR in a week. Beautiful ship with excellent service the last two cruises on her.:)

Pics of CLUB O2 and the ARCADE on the SPLENDOR in my WEBSHOTS below. Will be taking my 3rd cruise on the SPLENDOR in a week. Beautiful ship with excellent service the last two cruises on her.:)

Wow, great photos! I showed my daughter your Club O2 photos, and she is really excited now. And I totally agree with you about the Splendor!

Archived