Labadee: Now & 5 Years ago???

tasbm1

Start at $150-200. You can put your name on a list to reserve one on Barefoot beach if you're in a suite or if you're diamond-plus. Otherwise you can reserve one online for Nellie's Beach.

Depends what you're looking for...I had one in march on barefoot(over the water so it was $200) and thought it was well worth it, but not sure the ones on Nellies would be...

Put your name on what list???

We had a over the water 2 years ago, reserved it the first night on board with the concierge.

This cruise we want to do it again, but from everything I'm reading lately they go very fast now and the best thing to do is e-mail the concierge before embarkation.

Is that the list you are referring to???

Is a stop at Labadee only on the Western route? What RCCL ships have stops there?

Check out the 8 night eastern route cruises. Navigator was stopping there this year and Independence will be stopping next year.

Funny, I was just about to ask U if the ones on Nellie's beach were nice and also overlook the water. Also, what is in the Cabana, and won't you spend most of your time on the beach and not in the Cabana, sorry with all the ques, this is all new to me.:cool:

The cabanas are almost a necessity for those of us who have to limit our exposure to the sun and are located on or just above the beaches and within a short distance of the water. You can spend as much or as little time as you want in the cabana but it is still open to the air so you are not really closed off from the outside. The cost when spread among the six people that is the capacity of the cabanas is pretty reasonable. Cabanas come equipped with a ceiling fan, cushioned benches and lounge chairs, as well as a cooler with bottled water. Beach towels are provided and there is a staff person available to take and deliver your drink orders. Golf cart transportation will take you throughout Labadee. Reports on the cabanas at Nellie's Beach make it appear that they are similar to the ones on Barefoot Beach.

Put your name on what list???

We had a over the water 2 years ago, reserved it the first night on board with the concierge.

This cruise we want to do it again, but from everything I'm reading lately they go very fast now and the best thing to do is e-mail the concierge before embarkation.

Is that the list you are referring to???

Yes, that's the "list" I'm referring to--emailing the concierge prior to your cruise. Hope you get one again!

Stacy, wow that was a great review, with great pics. You really kept your cool with rude chair hogs, and the attendant that ignored you, I need to take a page out of your book, I am way to vocal:rolleyes: Glad you and your parents had a great time. Thanks for sharing:)

Thanks for your nice comments. The chair hogs really were unbelievable...I'd never seen it that bad. It's unfortunate that Royal doesn't enforce their rules at times--we also had a very loud group of college kids that absolutely took over the pool area on the day we were in Jamaica--they were drunk and actually jumping from the hot tubs into the water, while the "Pool Attendants"--not much older than the kids--literally stood there and watched. We stopped by the Purser's Desk to voice our complaint about that, we were sure there was going to be an accident, but luckily there never was.

Anyway, sorry for the tangent, Labadee is great! :)

Maybe we're in the minority, but we liked it better before. It somehow seemed more...authentic? Just our opinion.

I'm with you on this. I actually preferred the ship anchoring in the cove & tendering in. I loved the view. The island had a natural, raw feel to it, like a "Lost" world. While its still a nice place, to us it has a theme park feel now.

Thanks for all the replies. We loved it because it was so unspoiled. I am not sure how I am going to feel about all the development. We are lowly Platinum C&A so we can't get on Barefoot Beach anymore. I loved to sit in the shade by the water all day. Sounds like I won't be able to do that anymore.

Archived