For anyone trying to get to the Baths on your own...

jjgarv2

I booked with Dion for last week. We never heard the announcement that we could get off the ship, so by the time we did get off and find him, his boat was full. He sent us with someone else from D&D Tours. We had to wait about 40 minutes for them to get enough other people to fill the boat going over. I was annoyed. Besides that, the trip was good. A little chopping going there and back, but fine.

My problem was that we were traveling with a 5 y.o. and 3 y.o. We were left on the beach and weren't able to get through the caves and rocks to the bath or were the restaurant and facilities were. We ended up being "trapped" on the beach for 4 hours. Luckily we had water and a few boxes of cheerios from the ship. I wouldn't recommend this tour for families with small kids.

Just curious why you couldnt get thru the caves and rocks? We're travelling with a 6 year old. Thanks :)

Just curious why you couldnt get thru the caves and rocks? We're travelling with a 6 year old. Thanks :)

I am too.:confused: The Baths (boulders) are between the 2 beaches and there is a path from the beach to the Top of the Baths Restaurant from both beaches...

You may not have a problem with a 6 year old. You have to climb wet rocks and ladders to get to the baths and restaurant. My 3 year old slipped and cut her leg. We decided not to go on any further.

I assume you were dropped at Devil's Bay beach, you tried walking through the rocks to the other beach but decided to stop because of wet rocks and the short ladders. Why didn't you just take the path from the beach to the Top of the Baths to use the restaurant and restrooms? I'm confused...

I assume you were dropped at Devil's Bay beach, you tried walking through the rocks to the other beach but decided to stop because of wet rocks and the short ladders. Why didn't you just take the path from the beach to the Top of the Baths to use the restaurant and restrooms? I'm confused...

I'm not exactly sure where we were dropped. There was no other path.

There is actually over 500 in our group. So we will be limiting the number of people but would like to know how many he can handle.

:rolleyes: Certainly not more than 10 - 20 unless he hires most of the taxis on the island along with a ferry (if he is still in business?).

A roll call is an excellent forum for sharing information and having discussions. But it's not realistic to carry that over to actual island excursions for the roll call or even smaller large groups. It's very difficult to manage a larger group in the islands with the limited transportation and other resources...Just adds a lot of stress and waiting in queues...

We enjoy everyone at the dinner table sharing their different experiences at that port, makes for great conversation...

But good luck with your project and be sure to post your experiences when you return!

Edited by blue_water