gem inside cabin

Our inside cabin on the Gem was almost completely dark. On some ships, the door (to the corridor) doesn't completely fill the door frame so that you can see the outline of the door when the lights are off (since the corridor is always bright). Our Gem cabin's door fit too well- minimal outline to help orient yourself when the lights are off!

I always bring a small flashlight which I keep on my nightstand- it helps me find my way to the bathroom or the light switch! If you have a flashlight that won't roll when the ship moves- even better (so many are completely cylindrical LOL). We also used a small nightlight, but the outlet was right in front of the mirror, so it made the cabin too bright. We propped up a book in front of it to block some of the reflection.

love how dark it gets we just left the light the bath light on. It was also quite, very quite loved it.

Next trip doing a OK on 8 so I will see if we like having the sky or if the curtains block everything out.

Our inside cabin on the Gem was almost completely dark. On some ships, the door (to the corridor) doesn't completely fill the door frame so that you can see the outline of the door when the lights are off (since the corridor is always bright). Our Gem cabin's door fit too well- minimal outline to help orient yourself when the lights are off!

I always bring a small flashlight which I keep on my nightstand- it helps me find my way to the bathroom or the light switch! If you have a flashlight that won't roll when the ship moves- even better (so many are completely cylindrical LOL). We also used a small nightlight, but the outlet was right in front of the mirror, so it made the cabin too bright. We propped up a book in front of it to block some of the reflection.

I also bring a pocket sized mag-light with me whenever I travel. To take of the rolling flashlite on a ship, I put a dry face cloth on the night table. We never bothered to bring a nightlite and prefer the darkness when we sleep.

Archived