Do You Lock Your Luggage

CRUISE4JANE

How many of you lock your luggage that you check in? I know they do random checks, so if you lock your luggage, they would have to break your lock. Is it better to just leave it unlocked? I really would hate to check in my luggage unlocked :rolleyes:.

We always lock ours - I happen to have an new one, it is a Protege brand - 3 dial combo lock. You set your own number. TSA Approved. We've never had any problems using them.

NEVER. Use wire ties to hold my zippers together. Locks only keep honest people honest. If they want in locks aren't going to do anything.

I'm sure any thief with even the slightest knowledge of society can quickly tell by my cheap luggage and wire ties that there is nothing worth wasting time on in there.:D Besides the luggage is all in the open on the pier in the forklift cages and then put on flat carriages on the ship by TWO personnel working together and dropped off in the hallway in plain sight of everyone. Anything of any value - documents, camera, puter, and phone are with me as carryon.:)

Archived