Carnival Fantasy Picture Review * 3/17/12 -3/23/12

wrigley80

This is my first picture review so bear with me a little :rolleyes: but I have a lot of great info and pictures for anyone going on the Fantasy.

Let me first start out by saying that we drove to Charleston, SC from Northern Illinois. It was a long drive so we were quite excited when we finally got to the hotel in North Charleston.

Embarkation

We have never sailed out of Charleston before so we were excited to see a new city and port but embarkation at the Port of Charleston was by far the worst we have experienced in 9 Carnival Cruises. There was a long delay with getting passengers onboard because 2 wedding parties were boarding. We waited about an hour and a half from the time we were dropped off by our hotel shuttle (Holiday Inn Express - West Ashley) to the time we were onboard.

We were on the 6-day cruise to Key West, Freeport, Bahamas and Nassau, Bahamas. We specifically booked this cruise because we wanted to go back to Key West.

P1010883.jpg

P1010881.jpg

We always decorate our door and since we left on St. Patricks Day. This seemed quite fitting :)

P1010996.jpg

Day 1

Our first day onboard we spent the day exploring our new home for the next 6 days. After our first lunch onboard we headed out to the Serenity Deck. The Serenity Deck area would quickly become our place to hang out during the day. The Serenity area is the greatest addition to Carnival ships because it is a nice, quiet area for ADULTS ONLY :p

P1020032.jpg

This picture was taken on the Serenity Deck while we were in port in Freeport

P1020037.jpg

My dad with his "drink of the day"...........A DIET COKE :p

P1010976.jpg

A Carnival Cruise Ship picture tradition. Love the toe nail polish...........hehe

We had late seating in the Jubilee Dining Room at table 369 with Andre (head waiter) and Derita (assistant waiter). They were just great and by the second night they knew what our preferences were for dinner. Our bar waiter, Soorya, was also fantastic. By the second night our diet cokes were waiting for us when we arrived at dinner.............it is the small reasons like this why we keep coming back to Carnival. After dinner we went to the Welcome Aboard show. I really enjoy this show on each cruise because it feels like the official start to our cruise :)

can't wait for the rest of the review.Love the toes!!! We will be on the Fantasy in eight days!!!!!!!!

You will love it. There is a lot more to come so stay posted ;). Are you doing the 5 day or the 6 day cruise??

You will love it. There is a lot more to come so stay posted ;). Are you doing the 5 day or the 6 day cruise??

5 day, with dh, mil and fil. it is mil and fil first.I think they will love it. They are upbeat, and fun to be with,so i think we'll have a really great time. we are on the upper deck,with anytime dining.

We were at a 10 top for dinner with two other families......one was a mother, father, daughter, and fiance from Ontario, Canada and the other was a mother, father, son, and girlfriend from Akron, Ohio. We had a good group for dinner

P1020163.jpg

this was the family from Canada

P1020164.jpg

this was the family from Akron, Ohio

P1020162.jpg

this was Soorya, our bar waiter, me and my dad. She was awesome

P1020167.jpg

this was Derita, our Waiter, me and my dad

***** I will continue on with the review tomorrow but it is time for bed now. Good nite cruise critic friends :)

Great start, So glad you got your pics to post, I love photo reviews.:D

yeah I finally figured it out and it is always easier than you thought it would be. I knew that once I figured it out it would be a breeze and a lot of fun. I enjoy picture reviews as well :)

Wrigley80, can you tell me about the Holiday Inn Express-West Ashley? Did you feel safe in the area? Did the hotel offer a shuttle to and from the port, or parking? Thank you.

The Holiday Inn Express -West Ashley was a great hotel. I left my car there for the week that we were gone and had no problems. I booked the park and cruise package. The hotel offered a shuttle to and from the cruise port BUT our driver was an @$$. On our way back to the hotel he informed that I could really benefit from Weight Watchers........that pissed me off :mad: and then about a mile from the port we stopped to pick up a hooker :confused: and then we dropped her off at an apartment complex. Our driver gave her money and his business card.....I thought that was quite odd :rolleyes:.

The hotel stay was perfect though with a great breakfast. I found a coupon for the hotel that gave us 20% off our stay :)

The Holiday Inn Express -West Ashley was a great hotel. I left my car there for the week that we were gone and had no problems. I booked the park and cruise package. The hotel offered a shuttle to and from the cruise port BUT our driver was an @$$. On our way back to the hotel he informed that I could really benefit from Weight Watchers........that pissed me off :mad: and then about a mile from the port we stopped to pick up a hooker :confused: and then we dropped her off at an apartment complex. Our driver gave her money and his business card.....I thought that was quite odd :rolleyes:.

The hotel stay was perfect though with a great breakfast. I found a coupon for the hotel that gave us 20% off our stay :)

Did you guys stay at the hotel in North Charleston or West Ashley?

Please tell me that you reported his @$$ to the hotel. What a freakin creep!