Port Side or Starboard?

aberthelot

You're in luck - your cabin is surrounded by other cabins, so you will not have any noise from public spaces.

We always select port side cabins as we enjoy watching sunrises, sunsets, and of course watching the pier runners as they try and make the ship before she sails off!

I chose port side on the Victory for my cruise....actually it is a back wrap aft!!!!!!!!!!

On the Legend Obstructed Balcony Room 5159 - hope this is a decent location without noise below or above? Not sure how to check this out - if someone can do so that would be great.

Not a bad choice-you have almost a full view between life boats, a little more of a view than the people to your left(facing the window). You are between two decks of cabins and over the shops, not a bar, so it should be pretty quite at night. Good choice.You are starboard. When we did the Legend we were port. Next time we will be starboard. If the views on docking were the same as last time, you will get ocean view in Cozumel, dock view in Roatan, ocean view in Belize (every one gets ocean view there LOL) and it doesn't matter in Grand Cayman

I always book port side and have always had the experience of our room facing the island when we pull up (unless we tender of course).

In January we were on the Dream and while we usually like to be on Lido we booked late and were on Vista. Worst experience ever!!!! We were under Lido pool area and could hear so much noise all day and night. I'm not a big complainer bc it's vacay so I try to take everything in stride but I complained this time (really trying to seek a new room). There was nothing in my cat available so we received a hefty amount back on our S&S and 20% off of our next cruise if we book with in 2 years!!! That being said I feel Carnival handled the issue well but we will only sandwich ourselves between 2 stateroom floors from now on!!!!!

Hi Debbie,

We are on the upper deck 6! I hope we don't hear anything from the lounge below us!

We had cabin 6461 and never heard any noise from the lounge. You're going to love the balcony. It's AWESOME. Cabin's not bad either.

Hi,

Has anyone ever stayed near the top of the ship in the Panorama deck?

Is it really rocky up there and windy?

Thanks.

Haven't booked it yet!:)

Book it! You'll love it. Have stayed on Panorama Deck on Conquest, Glory, Dream and are booked for it on the Freedom in February 2013. So close to all of the action on the Lido Deck. Never noticed any more movement up there than anywhere else on the ship. If you stick your head over the railing you might feel wind but that's about it.

As for which side to book, if you don't see it on the way, you'll see it on the way back. :D

As mentioned before, there is no rhyme or reason how the ship will dock. Sometimes they back in, other times they head straight in.

As for which side to book, if you don't see it on the way, you'll see it on the way back. :D

As mentioned before, there is no rhyme or reason how the ship will dock. Sometimes they back in, other times they head straight in.

Thanks! it is so exciting to be in an aft wrap!!!!

We had cabin 6461 and never heard any noise from the lounge. You're going to love the balcony. It's AWESOME. Cabin's not bad either.

Thanks Debbie, I am getting more and more excited!!!! Hopefully most of the trip will be paid off before we even go! It is our Christmas present to each other.

Archived