Conquest ~ Tell me something (Good or Bad)

OceanDreams

I think the only things they charge for were lesssons, personal training/consulting, spa services (massage type stuff). Wish I had a picture. There was a lot of equipment!

Can you use the Sauna and Steam Room for free or are they included in the Spa prices?

OceanDreams

Here is how we enjoyed the trip dowm the Mississippi on our first day. I ordered an basket of wine and fruit from Bon Voyage... In it there was an small ice bucket to chill the wine, also cheeze, crackets and fruit. About 8 pm after dinner we sat on the aft wrap and watched the river pass by. What a night........If you ever want to enjoy the trip down the river book an aft wrap. It is worth it..... I would do it again :D:D:D I was a hit all cruise with my lady.

Can you use the Sauna and Steam Room for free or are they included in the Spa prices?

OceanDreams

Sauna and steam are at no cost. I you want to use a locker just stop at the main desk give them your S/S card an ask for a locker key. This is for men and women.... I used it every day free.;););)

We didn't attend the shows. Just not our "thing". We did enjoy the poolside movies! It was cool of an evening in March and they put out blankets. The bar had free popcorn. And of course we had to have a beverage! It was during the playoffs and my husband watched Baylor play one evening before dinner and was thrilled to get to see it!

We were on the Conquests 3rd voyage over New Years 2005, so I don't remember a whole lot, but the best thing about Conquest now is that Barry Miller is the Piano guy in the Piano Bar. He is the absolute best and I would book a cruise just because he was on the ship.

Barry is a blast!!!

He made our Inspiration Cruise in 2009 one of our best ever (out of 14).

We were on the Conquests 3rd voyage over New Years 2005, so I don't remember a whole lot, but the best thing about Conquest now is that Barry Miller is the Piano guy in the Piano Bar. He is the absolute best and I would book a cruise just because he was on the ship.

Barry is a blast!!!

He made our Inspiration Cruise in 2009 one of our best ever (out of 14).

Do you know how long his contract is? Will he still be on the ship during August?

OceanDreams

We are sailing on august 26 and this thread is making the wait even harder LOL

We are driving down from Canada and, after much research, have booked rooms at the Holiday Inn in the French Quarter (on Royal Street). They have a park and cruise package for $149 that includes 8 days parking.

When we were in NOLA last year, we stayed at the Drury Inn and it was AWESOMe but, unfortunately, they are renovating right now and therefore not offering the cruise package for our sailing. Those of you sailing later than us may want to check it out though!

We are cruising on the conquest out of nola july 8, 7 day western carribean. We are driving from texas and getting there 1 day early to enjoy an evening in the big easy. However we had to book our hotel a little out of the city as an event called "the essence music festival" has just about every hotel in the city booked solid. Luckily were only 20 minutes from the french quarter as I've been told.

Hmmm. As for serentity on the ship. According to the layout I've seen of the conquest it show to have two floors of serenity up near the top. One floor shares the camp carnival and more serenity above that. This as according to my carnival phone app -ship mate.

We are sailing on august 26 and this thread is making the wait even harder LOL

We are driving down from Canada and, after much research, have booked rooms at the Holiday Inn in the French Quarter (on Royal Street). They have a park and cruise package for $149 that includes 8 days parking.

When we were in NOLA last year, we stayed at the Drury Inn and it was AWESOMe but, unfortunately, they are renovating right now and therefore not offering the cruise package for our sailing. Those of you sailing later than us may want to check it out though!

We too are very excited about our upcoming cruise....and this thread is helping so much. We are flying in so we won't be needed the Cruise & Park package .... The Drury Inn is showing at $124.00/per night.

We are cruising on the conquest out of nola july 8, 7 day western carribean. We are driving from texas and getting there 1 day early to enjoy an evening in the big easy. However we had to book our hotel a little out of the city as an event called "the essence music festival" has just about every hotel in the city booked solid. Luckily were only 20 minutes from the french quarter as I've been told.

Hmmm. As for serentity on the ship. According to the layout I've seen of the conquest it show to have two floors of serenity up near the top. One floor shares the camp carnival and more serenity above that. This as according to my carnival phone app -ship mate.

Here is what jgmpuma posted on page 1 of this tread .... sounds great!

1. You get to visit New Orleans.

2. You cruise down the Missisippi.

3. The area at the rear of the Lido Deck (where the hottubs are) isn't officially a serenity area, but close to it. Few Kids, not usually crowded, and you are just steps away from where all the food is.

We have been on Conquest four times, and I can't think of anything negative.

OceanDreams

Archived