Conquest ~ Tell me something (Good or Bad)

OceanDreams

How was the quality inn? Is it safe to leave my car there during the cruise? How was the room?

I can't decide between that one and the holiday inn. Both offer about the same package but one is about 50 dollars less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The service was very new orleans, and friendly. The huge platter of bacon was perfectly cooked, with scrambled eggs and grits and fruit and sausage gravy and bisquits (no waffles like chains do these days). But they are not the one in new orleans, they are in westbank.

the shuttle driver was friendly and asked me to put a review up for their hotel on trip advisor and I will, but I did jewel and just got home monday from jewel. did 3 cruises in 3 weeks so just catching up.

I had trouble getting online and the front desk changed my room which is more than the 3 star hyatt place in tampa did when I had live bugs. The service was good.

Its rather black in that area, which might bother some. Its right on the access road when you get off the mississippi bridge. Lots of fast food to get something to eat for dinner.

some would say holiday Inn superdome is iffy too for neighborhood with that almost vacant block next to it.

The service was very new orleans, and friendly. The huge platter of bacon was perfectly cooked, with scrambled eggs and grits and fruit and sausage gravy and bisquits (no waffles like chains do these days). But they are not the one in new orleans, they are in westbank.

the shuttle driver was friendly and asked me to put a review up for their hotel on trip advisor and I will, but I did jewel and just got home monday from jewel. did 3 cruises in 3 weeks so just catching up.

I had trouble getting online and the front desk changed my room which is more than the 3 star hyatt place in tampa did when I had live bugs. The service was good.

Its rather black in that area, which might bother some. Its right on the access road when you get off the mississippi bridge. Lots of fast food to get something to eat for dinner.

some would say holiday Inn superdome is iffy too for neighborhood with that almost vacant block next to it.

I wish I could do 3 cruises In 3 weeks!! I still have over 300 days for mine :) Thank you for the info. Very helpful! I don't think the holiday inn I seen online was in Nola either tho. It said something about being 8 miles away. I think I'm gonna stick with the quality inn. I did enjoy the one that I stayed at in Galvaston.

We sailed the Conquest twice and the Liberty once. Sur Mer is a favorite for us- especially the first day as very few people are aware of it. It is so much qieter and fresher than the Lido lunch that is served at Embarkation

The draft beer served at the sports bar was a bit cheaper as well

My main complaint about this class of ship is that the floor plan is chopped up and makes it very confusing. I elieve only two or three decks cut through the ship. The atrium and dining rooms cut off the walkways. Also the walkways around the shopping area are tiny. At night it gets a little uncomfortable

But any cruise is a fun cruise so enjoy!

1. You get to visit New Orleans.

2. You cruise down the Missisippi.

3. The area at the rear of the Lido Deck (where the hottubs are) isn't officially a serenity area, but close to it. Few Kids, not usually crowded, and you are just steps away from where all the food is.

We have been on Conquest four times, and I can't think of anything negative.

About #3- This is the one ship I've seen the staff actually enforce the "no kids" rule on any ship. (Haven't sailed any ship with Serenity, though). So yes, it's almost like Serenity. Kids can be in the area, but not in the pool or hottub, so most don't hang out there.

Are you planning on parking at the port? I found that there is a holiday inn and a quality in both have free parking, welcome beverages, breakfast and a shuttle to and from the port all for around what it cost just to park at the port.

No we are flying in from New Mexico .... don't know yet if it will be 1 or 2 days before we sail. I do know that it will be 1 day after the ship returns.

I assume since its a conquest thread (love Magic a LOT, agree completely), they were asking about hotels in NOLA.

I start with cruise123.com and see what they list for cruisespecials. Lately Holiday Inn Superdome seems to have gone up, though they do offer a cruise package that is good.

Our price range is between $100.00 and $150.00 .... the important thing is "clean"

I just did Voyger very last minute (booked only 5 1/2 days before the cruise) and did quality inn westbank for $129, 8 days of parking, shuttle to and from the port, and easy to get to the hotel. full breakfast and free internet included.

For this Nov, Im debating between Marriott, Convention Center location, right near the port so I can walk, for $159 with a $10 starbucks card, or Quality Inn for $129 again.

Hotels seem to have gone up in NOLA if you ask me. Had been getting Holiday Inn for $99 before this time.

Every time we've gone we've used Priceline Name Your Own Price and gotten GREAT hotels in the Garden District....for about $50!
Is the Garden District close to the port?

OceanDreams

You are right, we were in 7440 and the layout of the cabin will only support 2 guest. No room for a 3rd bed. For two it had lots of room. The bed was at an angle. Some of the other aft wraps may be different, don't know...We did have a couple of item fall on our balcony from the top deck.... cup, and cig. butts. There is a overhange which runs the length of the aft part of the balcony it sicks away form the ship 2 or 3 ft. Plenty of sun/shade and no smoke. When we were underway the side part of the balcony was windy, but not the aft. We sat outside on all the Sea Days never had a problem.

:D:D

We were looking at August 19th or the 12th....leaning more towards the 12th. There really isn't much of a roll-call going on for the 12th -- YET. (haha)

We would love the wrap around balcony....but they don't accomodate 3 passengers. What deck were you on? Do you remember if there was very much overhead coverage on the balcony's?

OceanDreams

You are right, we were in 7440 and the layout of the cabin will only support 2 guest. No room for a 3rd bed. For two it had lots of room. The bed was at an angle. Some of the other aft wraps may be different, don't know...We did have a couple of item fall on our balcony from the top deck.... cup, and cig. butts. There is a overhange which runs the length of the aft part of the balcony it sicks away form the ship 2 or 3 ft. Plenty of sun/shade and no smoke. When we were underway the side part of the balcony was windy, but not the aft. We sat outside on all the Sea Days never had a problem.

:D:D

I noticed from different photo's posted on the web that the aft of the ship is angled .... did you notice any privacy issues?

OceanDreams

So would you recommend the quality inn? We are staying there Saturday night.

So would you recommend the quality inn? We are staying there Saturday night.

Cruizin Lisa please come back and let me know how your experience was. I set to sail in Feb and would like to hear your opinion as well of this hotel/shuttle service.

Cruizin Lisa please come back and let me know how your experience was. I set to sail in Feb and would like to hear your opinion as well of this hotel/shuttle service.

Cruizin Lisa ..... I 2nd this request. There really aren't very many reviews on the Conquest.

OceanDreams

Firefly can you tell me of the shuttle was waiting after debarking the ship or did you have to call them?

I did walk off debark, and I called them.. twice as it wasnt clear which door to wait for them, I forgot (they did tell us when he dropped us off and the desk didnt seem to know).

Someone else called them.

Another large family of 5 or 6 walked up just as the bus pulled up.. so we had a full shuttle bus going back to the hotel with two large families plus me.

Its a nice sized bus and the driver extra nice and friendly.

But yes... we had to call them and wait maybe 20 minutes.. the hotel is not far away.

PS after the shuttle my car windows were fogged up so I also had to take time to wipe them off with napkins from the breakfast buffet and had some purple stuff on my bumper to clean off before I could start home. Got a cup of coffee, but I guess nothing to stop you from eating the free breakfast when you get back to the hotel if you wanted to.

Last time DH and I were in NOLA, we stayed at the Place d Arms. It was a wonderful boutique hotel, reasonably priced and included breakfast. We took a cab from the hotel to the cruise terminal and the cost was around $20.

We will be going on the Conquest in December. I hope you do a full review with pictures!!!

Have a great cruise!!!

My family and I were on Conquest in March and had a great time!

We stayed at the QI in Gretna for the price and free parking. We had to wait for the shuttle both ways but there was a HIGH volume of cruisers. Hotel was full (no ice - hubby went down the street to Walgreens and bought a bag). Our room was fine but our friends room was not as nice. Not dirty, just not as nice. The staff was friendly and helpful.

LOVED cruising out of NOLA and down the river. Hubby had lived there for 15 years and thought that was one of the highlights of the cruise!

Sur Mer is a hidden gem.

Agree with what the previous poster said about the adult only "pool and hot tub". We actually ate near it after embarking, pointing out to my sons that they were not allowed there. I "escaped" a few times and never saw any kids except eating in the area on a sea day at the height of lunch time.

We had GREAT, attentive service.

Very clean!

The ship is a bit dated but that didn't bother us a bit.

Happy to answer any questions I can.

We stay at the jw in the quarter. We walked to the port via the river walk. It's a pleasant walk!

About the conquest, the open air deck above the adults only pool was great. Never had a problem finding a chair. It was a bit windy but still the best place on the ship and NO KIDS there or near the adult pool.

What I didn't like was our waiter was rude but no biggie... I actually liked the salad bar for dinner better then the main dining room!

Hello

We are booked into the LaQuinta in Gretna, great price of $85.00 and includes the breakfast and free partking. We will have to tax/shuttle to the hotel and I understand that it is $17.00 for up to 5 riding.

We plan to get to Gretna on the 23rd and ride the free ferry over to New Orleans for just a quick walk around.

Our cruise leaves June 24th.

If anyone else is booked at the LaQuinta, let me know and we could share the ride over.

Archived