La Quinta Inn in Cocoa Beach

ldeflavia

Has anyone stayed at La Quinta Inn in Cocoa Beach? We are considering staying there the night before our cruise leaves Port Canaveral. Just wondering what it's like and if anyone has any comments on it positive or negative.

Thanks!

You will be fine there, I have stayed a few times. I always enjoy sushi at the Siam Orchid on the property. The beach is across the street, but I believe the closest public access is Lori Wilson Park a few blocks north.

We stayed there last January. Nice place. We stayed on one of the upper floors with a full ocean view. The Coco Beach Pier in just behing the property had several shops and restaurants. The Hotel also has free breakfast. We ate at a Boston seafood place nearby. The food was excellent. It was nice watching the sun come up in the morning too. Staff was very friendly and helpfull.

Did you use the shuttle to the port and back? We are looking for a cruise package....trying to decide if it is cheaper to find a hotel somewhere and park in the Park N Cruise that we have booked for $5.99 a night or to book a hotel that offers a shuttle and free breakfast.

We stayed there on our last cruise on the Dream (June of last year), and I won't be going back. There was some sort of car show in town that week-end, so needless to say, folks who had a little too much were everywhere....they were having fun though, I'll give 'em that, lol. Didn't feel safe there, not sure why, just didn't. We had the pkg that gets ya to the port the next day, and getting someone's attention out front to let them know what you needed was crazy hard to do. Everyone seemed to be acting as though they were too busy to be bothered, so we just grabbed a taxi & took off. I remember saying when we got there the night before the cruise, we won't come back here. I'm not super picky, I know hotels near ports aren't gonna be the best in the world, but I don't know, just something about it for me to make not wanna book there again. Not trying to be negative, just honest. I'm currently researching hotels in Cocoa Beach for our upcoming Oct. Dream cruise, and so far have found 2 that offer a fly snooze & cruise pkg. They pick you up from the airport, shuttle ya to the hotel and after you spend the night, they transfer ya to the port, and from the port back to the airport at the end of the cruise . Haven't decided which one yet, still researching. Good luck on whatever you decide!

Hi we have just returned from staying at La Quinta (21/22 april)for 2 nights pre cruise and found it to be a really welcoming hotel. the free breakfast was a cold buffet which was very enjoyable. the reception staff were very helpful. the beach as said previously was just across the road, we walked a while and found a nice English pub and had an enjoyable meal in there. we took a taxi to go to the port with 'pay what you want taxis ', and paid him $10 which he accepted, no problem.

Thanks everyone for your responses and honest answers. We ended up going with Country Inn and Suites. A little closer to the port. We will be renting a car from the airport and driving ourselves to the hotel. Then returning the car in the morning and the car rental shuttle will take us to the ship. Seems to be the cheapest way to do it from what I can see.

Archived