Star...2 quick questions

SailBabySail

I had asked one of these questions on another post but did not get an answer so I'll try again. The Bier Garten appears to be two levels up from the pool and I would like to know if you can see the pool from that level. Bali Hai on the Gem was only one level up from the pool making it a breeze to go down one set of stairs to the pool area. Second question is...on the Gem on sea days we had poolside BBQs....does the Star do poolside BBQs as well? I can't wait to sail on the Star and appreciate your answers....thanks so much :)

We were on the Star last year and yes you can see the pool from the Bier Garden. It was an easy walk up the stairs and it had great views. We would go there early in the morning before everyone else was out moving and drink our coffee.

Ah, that's nice. I do the same except pretty much will hang and have some nice umbrella drinks in the afternoon. I am very excited about this particular cruise as I just became a first time grandma AND my younger son will be proposing to his girl either on ship or under the Moongate in Bermuda :) Thanks for your answer...now to just hear about the BBQs....anyone?

Ah, that's nice. I do the same except pretty much will hang and have some nice umbrella drinks in the afternoon. I am very excited about this particular cruise as I just became a first time grandma AND my younger son will be proposing to his girl either on ship or under the Moongate in Bermuda :) Thanks for your answer...now to just hear about the BBQs....anyone?

Yes, we were on the Star last month on a 2-night cruise to nowhere, and there were barbecues by the pool both days.

Thank you. Those poolside BBQs are great.

How romantic and exciting! Have a great time.

Just left the Star this morning. Yes you can see the pool from the Bier Garten easy. It's a nice place to hang for a drink. And I think everyday except 2 we had BBQ at the pool, and that was out of 12! One day they tried, but it was super windy.

I believe she left the pier.

Yes she did :) and I am watching her on my iPad. Funny how things work out...I was going to book the CTN this weekend to celebrate our anniversary but changed it to a full cruise in July so I could bring my son and his girl. The first cruise we ever took was on the Spirit and she too hit the dock in NY but sustained no damage. I hope these folks have a great time despite the late start.

Yes she did :) and I am watching her on my iPad. Funny how things work out...I was going to book the CTN this weekend to celebrate our anniversary but changed it to a full cruise in July so I could bring my son and his girl. The first cruise we ever took was on the Spirit and she too hit the dock in NY but sustained no damage. I hope these folks have a great time despite the late start.

Someone wrote that it was supposed to pull out at 8PM.

Archived