Travelscoot users - reviews, likes, problems?

Amberle3

I've never even heard of the Travelscoot until about an hour ago, and the more I look at it the more I think it's perfect for my mother. I'd love to hear opinions from people who use them. Have you had any problems with them, either using them or maintenance etc? Any problems with airlines? Running out of power? My mother is concerned about the battery lasting a full day at Disney.

I have had a travelscoot for the past 4 or so years. I have the lithium ion battery. Actually I bought 2 batteries. I find I get 5 to 8 miles per charge depending on how many high hills I need to go up. Since I have two batteries I go to the second one if I run out of juice on the first one (that's only happened twice in four years). What I love about the travelscoot is that it is light and I can lift it into the car. It does not require a special carrier on the car. It allows me to travel which I could not do without it.

What I don't like is that the seat is uncomfortable as purchased. I had mine reupholstered and extra padding added which solved that problem.

Things to know - there is no reverse gear. You have to use your feet to propel yourself while seated and you have peg like things to rest your feet on. If you must have a reverse gear or need a flat bed for your feet then the travelscoot is not for you. I show mine to people who are interested in buying one about once a month. Look on their website and see if someone who lives near you is willing to let you see - and perhaps ride - theirs. We have had no repairs other than the seat in four years. We bought an extra belt at the time of purchase (it comes with one I think) but have had no reason to replace it as yet. If you fly with it, the lithium batteries have to be taken off the scooter before it is taken to the luggage compartment. This isn't a problem as they supply a carry bag. I love my travelscoot.

Archived