Carnival Conquest ship time Eastern or Central

TNCruiselover

Central Time! Most ships stay on the time from the port they leave from but your tour operator should be able to accomodate you. After all....their business depends alot on cruise ships so they know the time schedules.

Oh No ! :eek: Now I am really confused. The Nativeway website says they are on Eastern time but I read some where that they do not change for DST so are they now the same time as central time????

Grand Cayman is on Eastern time but it does not observe DST. Therefore, when the Central US time zone moves its clocks forward one hour for DST, the time becomes the same as Grand Cayman time. On our last Conquest cruise the ship remained on Central time (same as its homeport of New Orleans) throughout the entire cruise. I've heard from others that have cruised on the Conquest at different times of the year that the ship did change to port time at each port of call. Keep in mind that the ship's captain has the discretion as to what time to observe as the ship's time, so different captains even within the same cruise line can choose to do it differently. You won't know for sure until you board the ship and ask the staff what the current captain's policy is.

Conquest adjusts ship time to local port time. For Carnival, ships from Eastern time zone tend to stay on Eastern time zone and from Central time zone tend to adjust ship time to local time.
I was just on Conquest, and we never adjusted our ship time to local time. We were on Central time the whole week, as far as I know. We ate dinner at 8:30 pm per my watch each night and I never changed it.

Poor choice of words on my part.

Conquest (Western) stops at Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

Grand Cayman, technically on Cayman Time, is equivalent to Eastern Standard Time or Central Daylight Time. GC does not observe daylight savings time.

Jamaica also does not observe daylight savings time, so when Daylight Savings time is in effect, New Orleans, Jamaica and Grand Cayman all have the same time. When Daylight Savings time is NOT in effect, Jamaica and Grand Cayman are 1 hour ahead of New Orleans.

Cozumel is in the same time zone as New Orleans and observes Daylight Savings time, so the time in Cozumel and New Orleans is the same year round.

When daylight savings time is in effect, Conquest does NOT adjust the ship time, because ship time is already the same as local time.

When standard time is in effect, Conquest does adjust the ship clock for Jamaica and doesn't change it back until after Grand Cayman.

As for Native Way, the ship and Grand Cayman will be on the same time, if you are traveling when Daylight Savings time is in effect.

Clear as mud?

Oy! Now here's a silly question -- In September (week of 18-25), will we still be in daylight savings time? I think so...but I'm always the last to know these things :)

Yes, you will still be on daylight savings time in September.

Oy! Now here's a silly question -- In September (week of 18-25), will we still be in daylight savings time? I think so...but I'm always the last to know these things :)

Not silly, yes, Daylight Savings time is still in effect, but really doesn't matter. When DST isn't in effect, Conquest adjusts ship time so ship time will still be the same as local time.

You don't have to worry about ship vs local time when on the Conquest. Just need to worry about your watch vs ship time when DST is NOT in effect. But this is published in the Capers and they will also announce.

Archived