Caribe Hilton- some not so good Trip Advisor reviews

cruisinsusin

We have been planning on staying at the Caribe Hilton post cruise this fall but are seeing some not so great reviews posted recently on Trip Advisor. I realize that no hotel can please everyine all the time but it has me a bit worried. Anyone stay here recently who can advise? Should I change to the Mariott Stellaris? :confused:

We have been planning on staying at the Caribe Hilton post cruise this fall but are seeing some not so great reviews posted recently on Trip Advisor. I realize that no hotel can please everyine all the time but it has me a bit worried. Anyone stay here recently who can advise? Should I change to the Mariott Stellaris? :confused:

We had a nice time at the Caribe Hilton; you can see my take on it and photos in my first Serenade photo review, in my signature below. What I will add to the review is that the area is pretty isolated in terms of restaurants and shops. I did stay at La Concha (also a Marriott property) before our second time on the Serenade of the Seas (it's down the street from the Stellaris), and that area is much better in my opinion. There are lots of restaurants and shops within walking distance. If I had to choose between one of the Marriotts in Condado and the Caribe, I would go with the Marriott.

This may end up being a double post. If so, I apologize!

The Hilton can be hit or miss. The location is NOT good, and because there's nothing nearby but a Subway, you're forced to pay their outrageous food and drink prices. I don't care for the staff there at all.

Both Marriotts (Stellaris and La Concha) are wonderful and are surrounded by stores and restaurants.

Archived