Spa Pass on Star

marcruiser

Can you please tell me all I need to know about a Spa Pass on the Star including (but not limited to): How much is it? Are there lounge chairs for relaxing and reading? What kinds of pools and hot tubs are included? Is there free flavored or unflavored water? Anything else you can add. Thank you.

I love the Spa on Star. When we first cruised her it was free, now it's $119 person per week...might have changed since last year.

There are two hot tubs, one is like the ones on deck the other has submerged lounge chairs where you can relax.

There are teak loungers with a beautiful aft view.

They supply teas and citrus infused ice water.

There is a small lap pool.

On either side of the spa area are two quiet areas where people wait for treatments, it's very relaxing.

I have not been in the Female wet areas. :eek:

In the Male's there are two plunges, one hot and one chilled. Very bracing. Also showers, sauna, and steam room.

I always get the pass and make very good use of it!

Thanks for your answer. In the Star Spa what is the access to the pools and hot tub. Are there steps or ladders. Also, do you know if any of the pools on deck have step access as opposed to ladders.

Thank you.

The hot pools have steps, they are not super easy to navigate however. One of them has access just like the ones on deck, the one with the submerged loungers is tricky. A staircase up and then a rather wide bit that has to be navigated to get in the water.

The lap pool has ladder steps. The pool on deck has very easy stair access and the usual ladder steps.

Love that spa!

I have been in the spa on the Star, and I don't remember any cold plunge pool in the female area. The hot tub with the submerged loungers is small, but my perception is based upon being in the spa on the Pearl first. As far as I am concerned, the Pearl's spa is the ultimate to which I compare all others! The lap pool in the Star's spa is cool water, not warm, so be warned. There are no heated loungers, and the sitting areas outside each of the male/female areas are co-ed, but still offer the lounging serenity I adore. The spa is aft on the Star, as opposed to over the bridge on the Pearl. Either location is equally fantastic for viewing. I love the saunas on the Pearl, as they are above the flying bridges on each side, with windows on three sides; makes you want to spend MUCH MORE time there!

When I was on the Star in January of 2011, the week's pass was $99.00, and they did not offer a couple's discount. I have been told that they only sell 100 week-long passes on each sailing. Sometimes they have someone inside the atrium selling spa passes, but if not, go directly to the spa upon embarkation. They will give you a full tour and you can purchase your pass at that time.

Whatever you decide to do, enjoy!

Archived