Holiday Inn POM or Mayfair Hotel?

willow0325

Holiday Inn Port of Miami is an overpriced dump.

Just curious when you stayed there last? No offense, but people rip on it and just wonder when they were there.

I agree with the previous 2 posters. Just stayed there beginning of May. Lobby has been newly remodeled, its pristine, and they are renovating the rest of the hotel. Rooms are always very nice with good view of course. :)

Just curious when you stayed there last? No offense, but people rip on it and just wonder when they were there.

I agree with the previous 2 posters. Just stayed there beginning of May. Lobby has been newly remodeled, its pristine, and they are renovating the rest of the hotel. Rooms are always very nice with good view of course. :)

Before the remodeling which I understand was recently. I realize I should not be condemning the place if it underwent a renovation. Sorry.

You can run a search here; this hotel has been discussed for years and for all that time, it's been described as a dump. It's old, it's run down, the food is expensive, the pool area is a joke, the elevators are slow, our room was dirty, the staff is indifferent....

Please do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere. I, and other who have commented in this thread, have stayed there and we wouldn't again. *shrug* I'm just not sure what else to say.

I appreciate your good info. Please excuse my additional questions as there really seems to be inconsistency in reviews of the hotel both on this thread and elsewhere on CC. One person says it's a dump and another says it's just fine. The pricepoint is about the range we want to spend and some of the others recommended are well above that so any other suggestions would be lovely. We even like what we're reading about the area since it is walkable with restaurants, etc.

One person says it's a dump and another says it's just fine.

Take a look the photos, it looks just like any other Holiday Inn around the country.

Some people want to pay Motel 6 prices and expect the Ritz Carlton...not gonna happen.

Downtown Miami hotels tend to lean towards the luxury side, hence the pricing.

Safe comfortable cheap[er] hotels include

Holiday Inn

Hampton Inn Brickell

Hotel Urbano

Take a look the photos, it looks just like any other Holiday Inn around the country.

Some people want to pay Motel 6 prices and expect the Ritz Carlton...not gonna happen.

Downtown Miami hotels tend to lean towards the luxury side, hence the pricing.

Safe comfortable cheap[er] hotels include

Holiday Inn

Hampton Inn Brickell

Hotel Urbano

Thank you! Not looking for cheaper (and certainly not Motel 6). We're seasoned travelers though and in an unfamiliar area we need to rely on good info from those who are more familiar with the area. Thanks again!

Archived