Time To Take The Plunge?

hensghan

Untill recently Crystal was the laggard. What you lacked on Crystal till this year, Regent was offering back in 2001. Regent is all suites, all veranda balconies, no tipping, all liquor and shore ex. open seating all restauraunts.. Huge cabins, astounding food and much more casual and relaxed than Crystal..better laid out less stuffy.

Crystal ships much larger very formal... totaly different; charges for a lot of what Regent provided... .:cool:

I am doing Oceaina now as a jr Regent... same vibe

Pick what you want.. I do Holland for economy/ variety. as a break:D

I was not comparing Holland to Motel6 My point is that there is a point fo diminishing returns that you receive from trying to be luxury where it can not exist.

Holland some say gives then a wonderful sence of being a VIP and can not imigine being treated any better. I am happy for you.

But having sailed a lot on true luxury ships and Holland, I can make the statement: The highest possible service, food, facilities provided by Holland are vastly below even the basic suites/cabins on a Luxury ship.

Too, I find it less expensive overall to take the luxury cruise than to take a Holland America Cruise , because on a Luxury ship... everything from tip to Liquor/wine/ meals, shore ex, etc is all included. Top name hollywood pesonalities for entertainment, 1/2 the passengers, enrichment talks .like Astronuats, Ambassadors, World news makers, scientists... I had a 2 week talk on oceans with Costeaus son and went diving with him !!! No port shopping lectures on daimonds !!!,

All passengers on Luxury ships are treated as one class out of the cabin the service is so professional and low key, not stuffy. that you have to experience it.

On Holland all passengers are treated too equaly, so getting a " top cabin" on Holland is not going ot buy you any real tangible experience. They guy in the $65 a day cabins gete the same service at the $400 a day passenger. Pays the same for a dring and the same for tips, meals etc.

I sail Holland for variety because anything to excess reduces its value, Regent one cruise , Holland the next..

So, decide what you want a nice cruise or a luxury cruise.

Because no matter how much money you spend on your car its never ever going to drive and handle like a Ferrari or Lamborgini... If you want quality start with quality. You can not get value from spending more money on a lesser product. That is reality and my point I used with motel 6..

I found this very helpful, thank you! I started out on Princess, had a good time, but wasn't that impressed, moved to HAL and I love it. But, I love HAL because they are higher end on the things that are really important, and casual enough to not cause me any stress.

That being said, I will never leave HAL. But, I'd like to experience a higher end line.

To me, a good analogy is having dinner at your favorite higher end restaurant close to home (HAL), and sometimes, venturing in to a large city for a $$$$ dinner. I need that sometimes.

Archived