Luggage Tags - Why Do We Need To Request??

Sascol

We have used the Princess print your own ones and love them. You just do have to cover them in clear tape to stop the ink running if it rains.

As far as Celebrity is concerned, I was told that because our TA requested hard copies we were unable to order the tags and they would be sent direct to our TA.

I am not happy, but only because someone is telling 'porkie pies' as I was told the labels had been sent to TA on 21st April and the TA was told they were sent out on 24th April. Although our postal service is extremely expensive now and not 100% reliable for next day delivery, there is no way it would take 10 days or more.

They are still missing, OK no panic as such, but I just don't like the idea that it would seem that someone is not being entirely honest with us.

We have used the Princess print your own ones and love them. You just do have to cover them in clear tape to stop the ink running if it rains.

As far as Celebrity is concerned, I was told that because our TA requested hard copies we were unable to order the tags and they would be sent direct to our TA.

I am not happy, but only because someone is telling 'porkie pies' as I was told the labels had been sent to TA on 21st April and the TA was told they were sent out on 24th April. Although our postal service is extremely expensive now and not 100% reliable for next day delivery, there is no way it would take 10 days or more.

They are still missing, OK no panic as such, but I just don't like the idea that it would seem that someone is not being entirely honest with us.

From past experience, they do not get printed posted same day you submit the order online. They also go 2nd class post. I believe they say to give it 10 days from request to actually have them delivered! :rolleyes:

or you could be like us second class citizens in Australia and not have the option to order at all! :mad: We can only pick them up at the pier - I really was OK with that until the guy who was handing them out insisted on filling it in for me - his writing was so atrocious - his 'three' looked like a 'five' - I then asked him for the pen and went over the numerals myself, as I didn't want my bags sent off to the wrong cabin.

I really would like to have the option to pre order them available to us OR be able to print them ourselves, so that I am satisfied that the information on it cannot be misinterpreted.

They use them in Aus for the Royal ships, so maybe you will get them for X too if the trial proves successful. I guess a lot of that depends on those X guests who will be firmly against any kind of change from tags being ordered online to them being included in the e-doc and having to go to all the trouble of printing, folding and stapling!!! :D

That is exactly the way it works. Hard copies of cruise documents to TA = luggage tags sent to TA. You should see them any day now. Hopefully, your TA will let you know as soon as they are received. I would guess they would take a bit longer to get to England.

Archived