What do you like most about NCL?  

207 members have voted

1. 1. What do you like most about NCL?

• Freestyle concept
    • Service
    • Price
    • Itinerary selections
    • Year round from NY
    • Addition of new ships (Dawn, Jewel, PoAM)
    • Other

I love eating when I feel like it. And the choice in places to eat. For example, I went to eat in the main restaurant at 5:30 and made a 9:30 reservation in the italian restaurant. So I ate in the main dining room, went to the early show, and then went up to the italian restaurant-- just for dessert (we love cheesecake!). you gotta love the flexibility.

I would agree with the "crew", being the best thing on board. We found Klaus and Ruth both to be true professionals, knowing your needs and meeting them. I wish them both the best on the Jewel. The Jewel is getting the best of the best. I am sure the new crew members of the Dawn will work hard to meet these high standards. We also sailed on the Sky and Sea and found their crews so friendly and helpful also. Makes you feel quite at home.

:cool: Having done 14 Cruises in the past 3 years. We find that we enjoy Norwegian the best. Unfortunatly they don't sail out of Florida much anymore.

It's a shame the Dawn is in New York what a waste. We enjoyed our 3 cruises on the Norway and most recently a cruise on the Norwegian Spirit this past January. Unfortunatly the Spirit is leaving Florida and the Norway blew up and has been sold. Soon to come is the Norwegian Jewel but only for a limited time and at a much greater expense. I would like to say to Norwegian, If you would permanantly Homeport us a Ship in Florida we WILL keep it full. Just ask Carnival.:D :D

Did I miss something? There's no NCL ships that sail from Florida? I thought the Jewel was sailing from Fl. next spring. I could be wrong haven't research all that much yet!

Thanks

We were on THE DREAM for a Baltic capitals cruise , The Captain delayed the ships departure in Germany as two of the passengers had left their passports in a taxi , after a 45 min delay the ship started to depart we were about 100 yds out from the dock when the passengers showed up & waved franticly. the captain had the ship turn back & a gangway was slid out people on the dock helped hoist the guys up to it amidst cheers from passengers at the rails . I have cruised many times & seen people arrive too late never have I seen a ship turn back . this just one of the many times that I have seen NCL staff go out of their way to help passengers

1st time for us, like leaving from Boston, and price for four was good for a tight budget. Flying then sailing would be too costly for us. 2007 would like to do RCL for my 25th wedding anv.

your eyes must be peeled to the weather forcasts.. Majesty bridge cam out of order too, looks like rain

yep! right now the weather could be better for NY the 22nd butI just looked at PC/Orlando for Tuesday when we're in port and it's beautiful!

We haven't been on a cruise yet - but do have the Spirit booked for September - to Alaska.

What has impressed us about the NCL group, and prompted us to make our first cruise on this line is the sincerity of the comments submitted by previous cruisers.

We have found that the questions asked and answered are what we would consider "important".

We really don't care if the bed animls are forgotten one night, or if the tea is not always hot.

We want a ship line that cares about it's customers, and one that really doesn't want our entire retirement portfolio!

Price, itinerary, and comments such as the ones which have been posted on this board are the reason for our choice.

Not to say that we haven't read the negative also. But, in truly analyzing most of them, we found them to be petty, and mostly based upon some personal pet peeve. Don't we all have them? But, when taking a vacation, it is time to put them aside, and just enjoy the ride!!

Thanks for some wonderful comments.

Happy Cruising To Us All......

:) :)

I am really impressed with NCL, have to say I wasn't too sure about their customer service, but now I have to give credit were credit is due!

I booked a 6-19-05 cruise on Norwegian Dawn. This will be my first cruise with NCL, heck my first cruise ever( so very important how I am treated). I booked back in March, and noticed that the prices for my cabin ( the 3rd & 4th person) had dropped by $900. Called my travel agent because of what I read on this message board about trying to get a credit. Lo and behold, NCL did give us the difference back , though they did try to upgrade us to a better cabin, but none to be had. Well, I thought the credit would take forever or maybe never show up. But, just one week after my travel agent spoke to NCL, it showed up on my credit card. I am so happy, and have to say, NCL has really good customer service, I am quite impressed wih how much they try to please their customers.

I hope the cruise is as wonderful as their before service has been. Somehow I think it will be. Now glad I chose NCL for my first ever cruise!

Frannyfran

Archived