Oasis vs. Allure

So I am curious,

I have been for the most part loyal to Carnival, because of price and I am VIP with them. I am however open and interested in feedback from people who are loyal to RCL. Let me also say I have done one RCL cruise on Monarch which is an older ship, and was not impressed. I am very interested in thoughts on the Oasis vs. the Allure. I would like to choose one of these sailings next year. What do you like so much about these ships and RCL in general? Since I know cruises depend on what you like, I don't have kids and my girlfriend and I are both 40ish and career people who love sun and outdoor activities. Thanks for your feedback.

So I am curious,

I have been for the most part loyal to Carnival, because of price and I am VIP with them. I am however open and interested in feedback from people who are loyal to RCL. Let me also say I have done one RCL cruise on Monarch which is an older ship, and was not impressed. I am very interested in thoughts on the Oasis vs. the Allure. I would like to choose one of these sailings next year. What do you like so much about these ships and RCL in general? Since I know cruises depend on what you like, I don't have kids and my girlfriend and I are both 40ish and career people who love sun and outdoor activities. Thanks for your feedback.

The main differences in Oasis and Allure (in my opinion) are the shows and just a few of the specialty restaurants. The big Broadway show on Oasis is Hairspray whereas on Allure it is Chicago. Another show on Oasis is Come Fly with Me whereas on Allure it is Blue Planet. Similarly, the show in the Aqua Theater and the Ice Show are different on each ship.

I really suspect that if someone is going to like the Oasis or the Allure they will have a great time on either ship, and also if someone finds they don't like such a big ship it won't matter which ship they sail on.

Certainly as far as outdoor activities on the ships, the two ships are identical in what they offer as far as the pools, zip line, flowrider surfing simulators, etc.

Having been on both ships, I personally liked what the Allure had to offer over the Oasis. I agree the major difference is the shows. I did prefer the shows on the Allure, although the shows on Oasis were very good.

A few differences on the Boardwalk Area the Allure had a free hot dog stand, on Oasis it is a donut stand. The boardwalk pay restaurant on Allure is Rita's Cantina on the Oasis it is a Seafood Shack.

The Allure had a video postcard booth, so you could record short messages to send home to family for free. Oasis did not have this.

Another minor difference also was the outlets on the Oasis are under the desk, where on the Allure they are on top, a lot easier for charging batteries, etc.

Although on Oasis we had the best waiter we have ever had on any cruise.

So I think whichever you choose you will have a great time.

So I am curious,

Also: If departures and returns are an issue

The Oasis departs and returns on Saturday's

The Allure departs and returns on Sunday's

Can't tell you which of these ships to choose, but I can reassure you that taking one of the cruises in that class is a great idea. Most of my 19 cruises have been on Carnival because I like their prices, the cruises that leave from NY and that the ships are exciting to walk around on. We took Explorer out of Bayonne many years ago and I put it in the category of "just okay." However, we just got off Allure last month, and it was the best cruise ever (tied with our first Disney cruise but that was "best" mainly due to the magic of the mouse). I am actually concerned that Allure has ruined Carnival and the other lines for me. Oasis or Allure, you will have an amazing time. The Allure is slightly newer, so it does have some of the upgrades they found were useful/needed after Oasis. You cannot beat Royal for their outdoor activities, and the gym on Allure was better than many on land.

Went on Allure last year and Oasis last month. The differences really are not that big a deal. I didn't think I would like the big ships but the Allure proved me wrong. I would book either ship again and I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

Marianne

Archived