Trying to decide, need thoughts!!!

MYRN1

So here is the pickle...In January 2012, we had a fabulous time on The Dream. We are ready to book another cruise for January/February 2013!! My dear husband really on wants to sail on the same class ship as The Dream.

So, we really like the 8 day cruises to either the southern caribbean on The Breeze or the 8 day to the eastern caribbean on The Breeze. They are a considerable amount more than the 7 day on The Dream...we could sail the exact same ship/itinerary and hope this time we can stop in Roatan...or we could sail the eastern on The Dream(but it just doesn't excite me too much).

I'm not sure!! The thought of sailing on a new ship is exciting, but it's about 1,000 more, and I'm just not sure. ANy thoughts?!

I have never been on one of those newer ships -- but $1000 more is certainly a lot. How about the Liberty -- they do ALOT of the Roatan Western itinerary and have the 2.0 upgrades.

I was on her last Thanksgiving and enjoyed it thoroughly!

Missy

What if you booked a downgraded cabin, would that make it closer in price? If you're willing to do that, that could be an option.

When we shop for cruises we decide where we want to go and then shop prices. While I wouldn't want to pay $1,000 more for one extra day, I wouldn't want to pay anything for an itinerary I wasn't interested in.

So here is the pickle...In January 2012, we had a fabulous time on The Dream. We are ready to book another cruise for January/February 2013!! My dear husband really on wants to sail on the same class ship as The Dream.

So, we really like the 8 day cruises to either the southern caribbean on The Breeze or the 8 day to the eastern caribbean on The Breeze. They are a considerable amount more than the 7 day on The Dream...we could sail the exact same ship/itinerary and hope this time we can stop in Roatan...or we could sail the eastern on The Dream(but it just doesn't excite me too much).

I'm not sure!! The thought of sailing on a new ship is exciting, but it's about 1,000 more, and I'm just not sure. ANy thoughts?!

Actually, we were faced with a similar dilemma for May of 2013. Eastern Carribean on the Breeze, or the Liberty? Since the Breeze will be a bigger (and newer) ship, the cost is quite a bit more than the Liberty. As much as we'd love to sail on the Breeze, it's not financially doable for us right now, so we've opted for the Liberty. We're sailing on the Liberty this Saturday (yay!), so unless something happens to totally change our minds, we'll be booking the Liberty for next May. Like us, you'll have to decide what best fits your budget.

Archived