Phone numbers for family to contact the ship

I have searched my computer and paper work and can't find the number to leave with our son to call the ship.

Sailing on the Freedom in four days. Can anyone help with the phone number he would call if he had to get in touch with us?

Thanks for your help.

I have searched my computer and paper work and can't find the number to leave with our son to call the ship.

Sailing on the Freedom in four days. Can anyone help with the phone number he would call if he had to get in touch with us?

Thanks for your help.

I posted details here, hope it helps.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30709744&postcount=9

i literally just live-chatted this, here's the answer..

Chat Content:

Don david: [11:06:43 AM] Thank you for contacting Royal Caribbean, this is Don david. How may I help you experience the Royal Advantage today?

clo: [11:06:43 AM] hi - i want to leave the ship's emergency phone # for my daughter - for the Explorer.. pls provide.

Don david: [11:06:48 AM] Guests have the option of being contacted on any ship for business or emergency calls. Guests can be contacted 24 hours a day via telephone for $7.95 per minute (maximum of 10 minutes per call). The call must be paid by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Carte Blanche, JCB, and Diners Club).

Royal Caribbean International: 1-888-724-7447

clo: [11:06:58 AM] perfect thx!

Don david: [11:06:43 AM] The Process:

Dial the appropriate number above.

The caller will be asked to enter the credit card number and expiration date.

The system obtains real-time validation for the charge and initiates the call to the ship.

A voice prompt directs the caller to the specific ship.

The call is connected to the ship.

The call rings through to the designated department onboard (Radio Station or Purser Desk). The call is then routed to the guest's stateroom.

The PBX monitors the call. If there is no answer, the call will ring back at the designated department onboard (Radio Station or Purser Desk) and a written message is taken for delivery to the guest's stateroom.

clo: [11:07:05 AM] have a nice day ;o)

Don david: [11:07:13 AM] Our goal is to provide you with excellent service, and we appreciate your feedback. Please take a moment to complete the post-chat survey by clicking on End Chat. Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International, and have a good day.

I would also like to point out that many (if not all) RCL ships have "Cellular at Sea", and you can call or be called on your Cell phone. Charges are higher international rates, but are lower than the cost of ship-to-shore, and you son (or any other friend/family member) probably already know the number.

Archived