What is the earliest you can board a Carnival Cruise?

We are sailing on the 9/18/05 of Carnival Valor out of Miami. I want to be at the port early but other family members who have cruised with Carnival 4 years ago are saying "The Carnival book says dont be there before 2 p.m." and "we had to stand outside in the rain waiting to get on the ship and we were there at 2 p.m. the last time we cruised"

I've been a devoted reader of the reviews on this site and I've noticed most of you get there like at 11:00 a.m. My brother in Law insists that we cant board that early from his past experiences..

Can anyone clarify this for me? Thank much in advance:)

We just got off the Fascination(out of Miami) on Friday. We were on board by 11:30 - went right to our cabin - it was ready - so we could drop off our carry ons - eating and talking to family on cell phone by noon and had our luggage and was all unpacked by 3 p.m. It was greattttttt. Waited for someone to make my bed yesterday, but nobody did! Guess it's back to reality. :-(

Archived