Monarch of the Seas Cabin 2646 Problems

I don't understand how it can be the Customers fault for booking a room they couldn't use because it stunk. And to suggest s/he should have kissed up to the GSM...........Wow..........just Wow is all I can say

These people are there to manage problems paying customers bring forward. and to do it with a smile not an attitude. Good grief, if the answer to this problem is to not use their room, I think the GSM should be looking for another line of work because Customer Service isn't for them.

To the OP, thanks for the heads up on the problem. Both with the room, and the service.

I don't understand how it can be the Customers fault for booking a room they couldn't use because it stunk. And to suggest s/he should have kissed up to the GSM...........Wow..........just Wow is all I can say

These people are there to manage problems paying customers bring forward. and to do it with a smile not an attitude. Good grief, if the answer to this problem is to not use their room, I think the GSM should be looking for another line of work because Customer Service isn't for them.

To the OP, thanks for the heads up on the problem. Both with the room, and the service.

My main concern was not the bad smell, I had no A.C. the entire 4 night cruise and I am a heart patient so after being in the heat I need to go in my cabin and take it easy a few times a day.. and I was told to find some activities to do instead of going into the cabin I paid for. But for this I am called names and told I was being childish by some posters.

RCI needs to make this right buy refunding you the full amount paid. They recently pissed me off but not to this extreme. They are getting a lot of bad press right now and here is a chance for them to show some good will. Keep up the fight. :cool:

Of course they know about the sewage smell in cabins in certain parts of the ship.

I’ve heard about this problem over and over again just reading this board.

Are we to believe that they don’t know?

Of course they know.

And they continue to take money and stonewall when someone complains.

All of you who are quick to advise the OP that he would get better service if he weren’t sarcastic… Keep in mind, they stood there and lied right in his face.

It seemed to me that the OP only used sarcasm to demonstrate the illogic of what the ship’s representative was trying to get him to believe.

The ship’s representative had to lie. If they were to tell the truth it would have to go like this.

“Yes, we know about the sewage smell. We can’t do anything about it. Please try to cooperate”.

There probably should be a sticky on this board, listing cabins with problems.

There probably should be a sticky on this board, listing cabins with problems.

If you just post your ship and cabin number in the complaint post, it is easy enough for others to find it in a search (whether it's google or cruisecritic).

Some people post notes about cabins, prices, or ships (both good and bad), and don't list numbers, dates, or ship names. That makes the information virtually useless once it falls off page 1.

You sound VERY foolish. And i realize that you are probably one of the "Rah-Rah RCCL" cheerleaders on here, but the OP had perfectly valid complaints and had every right to be upset. In a situation like this, as a PAYING customer with these things wrong with their cabin their first thought very definitely needed not be to kiss anyone's butt to have something done.

OP .. right on .. and pursue this. Some fool GSM on board needs to have her head handed to her by corporate for even suggesting this might be your fault for booking that cabin. You most definitely deserve compensation and they had no business being so unhelpful.

Oh, and I WAS a Passenger Service Supervisor for an airline for years. A serious issue needs to get resolved ... you are NOT doing your customer a favor by listening to their valid complaints ... no matter how upset they might be at you. Thats where being professional comes in.

Hardly a cheerleader and I am hardly saying this issue is resolved, but by the OP's own admittance he was aggressive towards someone that could not solve the issue. You need not "kiss butt" to get something done but there is a big difference between kissing butt and being snarky and rude. There is a middle ground, you know?

I felt I was insulted by being told not to use my own cabin as I please as being the solution to the problem .. Imagine you buy a new car and it won't start and the dealer tells you perhaps you should just walk and not worry about your car not starting... please tell me if you would find that offensive ?

If there were no other cars on the lots and they were not able to fix it right that moment? No, I would not find that offensive. I would be irritated. I would expect the proper individuals to make it right. But I would not be snarky and rude and aggressive towards someone that could not solve the problem.

Hardly a cheerleader and I am hardly saying this issue is resolved, but by the OP's own admittance he was aggressive towards someone that could not solve the issue. You need not "kiss butt" to get something done but there is a big difference between kissing butt and being snarky and rude. There is a middle ground, you know?

If there were no other cars on the lots and they were not able to fix it right that moment? No, I would not find that offensive. I would be irritated. I would expect the proper individuals to make it right. But I would not be snarky and rude and aggressive towards someone that could not solve the problem.

Yes Honeybee85 your brilliance once again shine through it's not the maintenance staff's job to try to fix maintenance issues on the ship. They are only there for decorative purposes only. To set the record straight I was not aggressive or rude. Since you already pointed that out that I was, no since arguing that point. you will simply make me out to being a liar a second time.

Few cruises ago on Enchantment, I went to use the bathroom in the middle of the night and it wouldn’t flush.

I called it in and was told that it wasn’t a problem with our bathroom, part of the system was down, and it would be fixed soon.

Very early in the morning it was still not working. I called again and was told that they were working on it. The nice lady told me to use a restroom in one of the public areas.

Well, they got it working shortly afterward.

Later that day I got a phone call telling us that because of our inconvenience we were to get a free dinner for the three of us at Chops.

That’s the way things like that should be handled. If my cruise gets screwed up because of the ship or the ship’s crew, give me something worthwhile to show how sorry they are.

And on another cruise shortly after that one, we had engine trouble that made us miss half our port calls; they gave everyone on the ship all their fare back.

See, they do know how to say, “We are sorry”.

Few cruises ago on Enchantment, I went to use the bathroom in the middle of the night and it wouldn’t flush.

I called it in and was told that it wasn’t a problem with our bathroom, part of the system was down, and it would be fixed soon.

Very early in the morning it was still not working. I called again and was told that they were working on it. The nice lady told me to use a restroom in one of the public areas.

Well, they got it working shortly afterward.

Later that day I got a phone call telling us that because of our inconvenience we were to get a free dinner for the three of us at Chops.

That’s the way things like that should be handled. If my cruise gets screwed up because of the ship or the ship’s crew, give me something worthwhile to show how sorry they are.

And on another cruise shortly after that one, we had engine trouble that made us miss half our port calls; they gave everyone on the ship all their fare back.

See, they do know how to say, “We are sorry”.

Yes that is my point there were many ways they could have addressed my serious problem. Because I am a heart patient and need to rest in my cabin. But they tell me to do some extra ship activities. I truly don't think that was the proper way to handle the problem. Then they tell me that if they compensate me in any was for my inconvenience that they would do nothing shore side I told them they are handling this like some sort of game show.

For the record,I had a problem on the MN once too.........noisy pipes above us.....they gave me 25 % certificate(based on the price we paid for the cruise) for use on another cruise.........and gave us another cabin to sleep in(it was a downgrade,but QUIET!).......so we had 2 cabins..:) I think,at least you should had been given the % off for another cruise.

Archived