Monarch of the Seas Cabin 2646 Problems

DO NOT book this cabin #2646 I just got back form a 4 night cruise yesterday it smells I noticed it as soon as I open the door and was told by the Dept. Supervisor he said that it has been happening lately in that area every time before the ship sails. The A.C. doesn't work I was first told that I am in a low pressure zone. and I asked if this was an ongoing problem the guest relations person told me no it was not, he said it was because of all the vents in that area. I asked him if the ship grew vents since the last sailing he said no, then I said since it has the same number of vents on every sailing then it's an ongoing problem. I then had a meeting with the Guest Relations boss in her office.

I told her about the conversation I just had and she told me that it's not the ship's staff faultthat I was booked that cabin, that I should have been told about it by the reservations Dept. at the time of booking. She then suggested that I spent more time doing activities and enjoying the entertainment and try not to spend that much time in my cabin. I told her I expect to go in and out of my own cabin I paid for any time I felt like it just like any other passenger. I said as the person in charge she needs to take better responsibility of what is going on. She then handed me a card and told me to take it up with the resolutions Dept. when I get back home.

Actually you will want to take it up with Post Cruise since it will be...post cruise.

I just have to say though, as someone who deals with the public, the way it sounds like you acted (snarky and sarcastic) is not the way to get things done. I bet had you been more polite (but of course you will claim you were polite - after all you did not act snarky when you asked if the ship grew vents....) they would have made more of an effort to help.

*clap clap clap* Honeybee.

I also work in hospitality, and we're a lot more willing to help those who treat us with some respect. Remember, we only work for the company. Just because you're mad at a company regarding something doesn't mean being sarcastic or just plain rude to people will get what you want.

Geez, even is someone is being snarky, they still deserve the same quality of product as other customers. As far as I am concerned, they were not given an acceptable answer.

DO NOT book this cabin #2646 I just got back form a 4 night cruise yesterday it smells I noticed it as soon as I open the door and was told by the Dept. Supervisor he said that it has been happening lately in that area every time before the ship sails. The A.C. doesn't work I was first told that I am in a low pressure zone. and I asked if this was an ongoing problem the guest relations person told me no it was not, he said it was because of all the vents in that area. I asked him if the ship grew vents since the last sailing he said no, then I said since it has the same number of vents on every sailing then it's an ongoing problem. I then had a meeting with the Guest Relations boss in her office.

I told her about the conversation I just had and she told me that it's not the ship's staff faultthat I was booked that cabin, that I should have been told about it by the reservations Dept. at the time of booking. She then suggested that I spent more time doing activities and enjoying the entertainment and try not to spend that much time in my cabin. I told her I expect to go in and out of my own cabin I paid for any time I felt like it just like any other passenger. I said as the person in charge she needs to take better responsibility of what is going on. She then handed me a card and told me to take it up with the resolutions Dept. when I get back home.

Doesn't sound like great CS. Indeed, Post Cruise is the department to contact and "vent", er discuss the "vent" issue. 1-800-256-6649.

Geez, even is someone is being snarky, they still deserve the same quality of product as other customers. As far as I am concerned, they were not given an acceptable answer.

I agree! I have been in customer service for 30+ years and regardless of how a customer acts .. a problem is a problem .. especially if it is an existing problem already known to RCI.

Customer service should try to calm the customer down and ask how they can help make it better. Check with maintenance to see what if anything can be done .. if not .. either move to new room, get a fan, give them OBC or dinner at specialty restaurant.

Actually you will want to take it up with Post Cruise since it will be...post cruise.

I just have to say though, as someone who deals with the public, the way it sounds like you acted (snarky and sarcastic) is not the way to get things done. I bet had you been more polite (but of course you will claim you were polite - after all you did not act snarky when you asked if the ship grew vents....) they would have made more of an effort to help.

yes I am very snarky and sarcastic when people insult me after taking my money... and telling it's not an ongoing problem that its due to having so many vents on a ship perhaps I should have slept in the lobby.But if I did that someone like you would have remarked on how stupid I was.

who did you deal with?? The GSM(guest service manager)?

Yes the GSM she was the person who suggested that I try not to spend time in my cabin, and told me it was not her department's fault I was booked in that cabin that is in a "low pressure" zone.

I have her business card but rather not say her name.

I too work in hospitality and yes, a problem is a problem and everyone deserves to have it fixed but as others said I am more willing to help those who are nice and polite. I may even go above and beyond what I am expected when people are nice. When people are rude I will still fix the problem but don't feel as willing and definitely would not rush to get it done.

I understand what customer service is, but as others said these people just work for the company and most likely had no hand in the problem happening so please try not to get out of handing screaming/being rude.

That being said, I do not know exactly how the op acted in front of the gsa and manager, but the answers he was given were not acceptable even if he was being rude (which as I said I am not sure if he was or not)

Either way, thank you for the warning on that cabin :) and I hope you get some sort of compensation for your troubles

I too work in hospitality and yes, a problem is a problem and everyone deserves to have it fixed but as others said I am more willing to help those who are nice and polite. I may even go above and beyond what I am expected when people are nice. When people are rude I will still fix the problem but don't feel as willing and definitely would not rush to get it done.

I understand what customer service is, but as others said these people just work for the company and most likely had no hand in the problem happening so please try not to get out of handing screaming/being rude.

That being said, I do not know exactly how the op acted in front of the gsa and manager, but the answers he was given were not acceptable even if he was being rude (which as I said I am not sure if he was or not)

Either way, thank you for the warning on that cabin :) and I hope you get some sort of compensation for your troubles

Thank you for not insulting me like some other poster did.

I posted the message in case someone else goes through this problem in the same cabin and the management staff tells them it is not an ongoing problem. I have nothing to gain from this.

I don't feel the problem was handled properly either.

I am a bit confused by the OP being told he should have been notified by the reservation department that there were problems with the cabin, I would be very surprised if the reservationist has that kind of information to share. :confused:

Yes the GSM she was the person who suggested that I try not to spend time in my cabin, and told me it was not her department's fault I was booked in that cabin that is in a "low pressure" zone.

I have her business card but rather not say her name.

No problem..I know who it is..

I don't feel the problem was handled properly either.

I am a bit confused by the OP being told he should have been notified by the reservation department that there were problems with the cabin, I would be very surprised if the reservationist has that kind of information to share. :confused:

No, the reservations agent would NOT have that kind of information and who knows if it's an ongoing problem or not. The GSM was simply trying to pass the problem on to someone else. I'm sure Post Sailing will be much more helpful.

No, the reservations agent would NOT have that kind of information and who knows if it's an ongoing problem or not. The GSM was simply trying to pass the problem on to someone else. I'm sure Post Sailing will be much more helpful.

I did not think the reservation person would have that information and believe too that the GSM was trying to pass off the problem. As stated in my very first post I was told the reason for all this is because of the number of vents in the area. That is why I made the point of asking if the ship recently grew extra vents. The point I was making is since it had the same number of vents on ever cruise then it's an on going problem. I hope everyone understands my reasoning.

Hstergo the problem definitely wasnt handled properly. I have cruised over 25 times. There are times I've just enjoyed hanging out in my cabin and relaxing. I actually consider the way you were treated as an insult. It is their responsiblity to correct the problem and if it is ongoing, then the cabin should be taken out of inventory for bookings. I recall one year cruising on the norweigan sea. My daughter was 17 at the time and she brought along her best friend. Their cabin had a strong sewage odor from the moment they entered the cabin. Housekeeping attempted to deodorize the room and several efforts were made to remedy the problem. They are very responsive and I appreciated that. I would have been responded in the exact same manner. I hope you receive a proper resolution.

Hstergo the problem definitely wasnt handled properly. I have cruised over 25 times. There are times I've just enjoyed hanging out in my cabin and relaxing. I actually consider the way you were treated as an insult. It is their responsiblity to correct the problem and if it is ongoing, then the cabin should be taken out of inventory for bookings. I recall one year cruising on the norweigan sea. My daughter was 17 at the time and she brought along her best friend. Their cabin had a strong sewage odor from the moment they entered the cabin. Housekeeping attempted to deodorize the room and several efforts were made to remedy the problem. They are very responsive and I appreciated that. I would have been responded in the exact same manner. I hope you receive a proper resolution.

Thank you for your understanding reply:) .. You are one of just a few posters to understand this is an ongoing problem and I should not have been sold this cabin 8 days out from the sailing date .. it's not like i booked it a few months ago and then problem developed after I booked it.

Basic human nature. The OP sounds as if (and admits to being) aggressive and snarky towards someone that 1. did not cause the problem and 2. could not fix the problem. The OP acted like a bully rather than take the correct action and deal with the only people who can fix the problem: Post Cruise Customer Service.

yes I am very snarky and sarcastic when people insult me after taking my money... and telling it's not an ongoing problem that its due to having so many vents on a ship perhaps I should have slept in the lobby.But if I did that someone like you would have remarked on how stupid I was.

How did the GSM insult you? By not moving you? Perhaps there was no open rooms (often these ships do sail full). By not fixing the issue? Do you expect every issue to be fixed right away? By not refunding you? They do not have this authority or capacity.

As for her telling you it is not an ongoing problem perhaps what she meant is it is not an ongoing complaint so they do not have a record of an ongoing problem.

You need to be more respectful towards the people that work with you if you expect to make any headway. Perhaps there was a balcony or a suite available that wasn't supposed to go sold but the GSM could have moved some things around with extra effort had you been more polite. Acting like a bully will get you nowhere with most adults as most adults do not respond to this childish behavior.

Basic human nature. The OP sounds as if (and admits to being) aggressive and snarky towards someone that 1. did not cause the problem and 2. could not fix the problem. The OP acted like a bully rather than take the correct action and deal with the only people who can fix the problem: Post Cruise Customer Service.

How did the GSM insult you? By not moving you? Perhaps there was no open rooms (often these ships do sail full). By not fixing the issue? Do you expect every issue to be fixed right away? By not refunding you? They do not have this authority or capacity.

As for her telling you it is not an ongoing problem perhaps what she meant is it is not an ongoing complaint so they do not have a record of an ongoing problem.

You need to be more respectful towards the people that work with you if you expect to make any headway. Perhaps there was a balcony or a suite available that wasn't supposed to go sold but the GSM could have moved some things around with extra effort had you been more polite. Acting like a bully will get you nowhere with most adults as most adults do not respond to this childish behavior.

You sound VERY foolish. And i realize that you are probably one of the "Rah-Rah RCCL" cheerleaders on here, but the OP had perfectly valid complaints and had every right to be upset. In a situation like this, as a PAYING customer with these things wrong with their cabin their first thought very definitely needed not be to kiss anyone's butt to have something done.

OP .. right on .. and pursue this. Some fool GSM on board needs to have her head handed to her by corporate for even suggesting this might be your fault for booking that cabin. You most definitely deserve compensation and they had no business being so unhelpful.

Oh, and I WAS a Passenger Service Supervisor for an airline for years. A serious issue needs to get resolved ... you are NOT doing your customer a favor by listening to their valid complaints ... no matter how upset they might be at you. Thats where being professional comes in.

I felt I was insulted by being told not to use my own cabin as I please as being the solution to the problem .. Imagine you buy a new car and it won't start and the dealer tells you perhaps you should just walk and not worry about your car not starting... please tell me if you would find that offensive ?

I felt I was insulted by being told not to use my own cabin as I please as being the solution to the problem .. Imagine you buy a new car and it won't start and the dealer tells you perhaps you should just walk and not worry about your car not starting... please tell me if you would find that offensive ?

Hstergo, I would most definitely find that insulting. Not sure how anyone wouldn't (except perhaps a cheerleader).

I told her about the conversation I just had and she told me that it's not the ship's staff fault that I was booked that cabin, that I should have been told about it by the reservations Dept. at the time of booking. She then suggested that I spent more time doing activities and enjoying the entertainment and try not to spend that much time in my cabin. I told her I expect to go in and out of my own cabin I paid for any time I felt like it just like any other passenger. I said as the person in charge she needs to take better responsibility of what is going on. She then handed me a card and told me to take it up with the resolutions Dept. when I get back home.

This response really ticks me off :mad:

Royal Caribbean's customer service is poor lately.

###

I am amazed that honeybee85 calls me childish when she insults me twice and makes me out to be a liar before I even post... I am sorry to say you are a very ill mannered person. If you feel I am wrong you made your point you have no other reason to keep up this behavior other then you wanting to continue to be insulting.

Archived