Looking for good beaches in Freeport and Nassau

IUHoops

We are sailing to Freeport in July. We would like to spend a day at the beach. We are in port from 10:00 to 5:00. We are all looking for a good beach, closer to port the better. DW wants to make sure there are clean bathrooms, DD and DS would like to snorkel if possible. I would like to just relax and drink a few Kalik's. I have done a little research and am a little confused with "Our Lucaya" or "Grand Lucaya", or whatever it is called. I have read some positive things about Tiano Beach. Does anyone know about Junkanoo Beach? I am trying to figure out costs for each, transportation, etc. We are not opposed to doing the day passes, or all-inclusives if available. Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

Second stop is in Nassau (8:00 to 5:00), so I have the same questions about that port as well.

Thanks for any responses!!

We took a taxi for $10 pp. round trip to Port Lucaya. The hotel is a Radisson now. The name keeps changing. The day we went it was $10 for a day pass. It is a very relaxing place. Very pretty and clean. Hammock, a little entertainment, chairs by pool and beach. Jacuzzi and swim up bar. Bring your own towel. Food and drink need to be paid with CC. I am not sure about snorkeling. There was parasailing and banana boat rides right there. There is also a free part of the beach with a bar. The beach is narrower there and there are no chairs. The taxi driver could direct you on how to find the beach access for that. We didn't have time to check out the shopping across the street.

• 2 weeks later...

HEre is an update from the RAddison Grand Lucayan:

Thanks for your email. Day passes are sold from our booth on Retail Street - $15 for adults and $7.50 for children 12 and under. Please bring your beach towels as this price will allow you access to our pool and beach facilities and a lounge chair for each paying guest.

Regards,

Martha St. John-Mosse

Executive Assistant

Grand Lucayan Bahamas

Archived