October Panama Canal 2006?

Hi all,

I was hoping to get a little advice. My husband and I will be celebrating our 5th anniversary in August 2006 and were hoping to take one of the repositioning cruises from San Deigo to Fort Lauderdale through the Panama Canal. The prices for next year aren't available yet on their website and customer service couldn't tell me when they were going to come out. So, does anyone out there know how far in advance prices for these trips usually come out? You can get Caribbean prices, but no repositioning prices.

Thanks for any help,

Sam Wills :)

I don't know for sure but RCI seems to be having a little trouble getting their schedules together this year. In 2004 we found a lot of the fall 2005 cruises out in May. Word on these forums seems to be sometime mid to late May or possibly even June. June seems alwfully late so I'd be looking for sometime this month.

I am also looking for Oct 2006 Panama Canal. If any of you knows what the prices were for this year if anybody is going or what the prices might be for 2006 I would appreicate it.

Dreaming of Panama Canal 10/06

The Mariner again 10/05

Mariner of the Seas 9/04

We also are looking for October of 06.............word has it on the Celebrity boards that May 5th Celebrity will begin releasing itineraries for the fall of 06 starting in Europe and the Med and eventually everything else...........so May 5 may not be the magic day for the Panama Canal but hopefully within 30 days.

I'm looking forward to Thursday then. I'll be curious to see how RCI's prices stack up against the NCL cruise I've already booked. I was able to get a discount of $400 off the NCL cruise from the price listed on NCL's web site. With RCI no longer allowing TA's to compete on price, I want to see if they're still competitive or if varity will become the spice of cruising for us.

Archived