Newark/Elizabeth, NJ Hotel, mini review

This is a review for Country Inn & Suites Hotel in Elizabeth, NJ very close to the Newark airport. We used this hotel for our transitional cruise from Tampa back to NYC. On Friday, April 13: Checked in to the Country Inn & Suites in Elizabeth, NJ. Booked through stay123.com and this left us keep our car parked here for two weeks for a rate of $138.00 which included all fees, taxes, etc. Felt very secure leaving the car parked here. Nice, clean hotel and it also included free breakfast in the AM, and free shuttle to the Newark Airport. On Friday night we took the free shuttle to the airport transportation center to catch a NJ transit train to NYC to visit our son. This cost is $12.50 each way per person and dropped us off at NYC, Penn Station. We had dinner in NYC at Butterfield 8 on E. 38th St. which was very good and reasonable…especially using coupons from restaurant.com.

On Saturday morning we took the hotel shuttle to the Newark airport where we flew to Tampa. We left the hotel about 10:30, and within 15 minutes we had our bags checked at curbside for our Southwest flight.

I would definitely stay here again in a heartbeat...please let me know if you have any questions.

My sister and I stayed there before one of our cruises and I must echo the OP's review. The place was clean and pleasant, and it was great to be able to park there and take the shuttle to the ship. I'd stay there again.

We will be staying there in September pre-cruise. Everything I've read seems to be good. Glad you enjoyed it. Did the shuttle still offer transportation to the shopping mall? Did you use the pool area? Are there restaurants around ?

Thanks for posting back. Meg and I make recommendations all the time and it's nice to have others give us feedback about their particular experience

I do believe that you are the ones that I originally took the recommendation from so Thank You!!

We will be staying there in September pre-cruise. Everything I've read seems to be good. Glad you enjoyed it. Did the shuttle still offer transportation to the shopping mall? Did you use the pool area? Are there restaurants around ?

I'm sure they would take you over there. It is pretty much across the street from the hotel. I would think there would be restaurants by the mall as well, we ate in NYC. We did not use or even look at the pool so I can't help you with that...sorry!!

I do believe that you are the ones that I originally took the recommendation from so Thank You!!

I'm sure they would take you over there. It is pretty much across the street from the hotel. I would think there would be restaurants by the mall as well, we ate in NYC. We did not use or even look at the pool so I can't help you with that...sorry!!

I hope so! Thanks for the info anyway !

I hope so! Thanks for the info anyway !

they will....but you may have to go to the airport first....or get picked up THEN ride to the airport as that takes priority.....no biggie

http://www.jerseygardens.com

there is a johnny rockets, chilis (a mini one) a decent food court.....and that's about all..

it is not a traditional mall, it's outlets so if you need a toothbrush or something, you will not find it and without a car, there isn't any place to get one..(THOUGH some Bed Bath & Beyonds have taken to stocking travel things..not sure about the one there.....my local BB&B has a LOT of the trial size stuff..)

they will....but you may have to go to the airport first....or get picked up THEN ride to the airport as that takes priority.....no biggie

http://www.jerseygardens.com

there is a johnny rockets, chilis (a mini one) a decent food court.....and that's about all..

it is not a traditional mall, it's outlets so if you need a toothbrush or something, you will not find it and without a car, there isn't any place to get one..(THOUGH some Bed Bath & Beyonds have taken to stocking travel things..not sure about the one there.....my local BB&B has a LOT of the trial size stuff..)

Okie Dokie then...I need a new purse...do they have a coach outlet store? j/k..hubby would kill me, says I have too many now!

Archived