Mayo, Simpson Bay or Both?

mlsully

We are visiting the island with two kids ages 9 and 13. We had planned on going to Maho to see the planes and then wanted to visit another beach. I've read about Simpson Bay and Karakter. Then I thought I read you could walk from Simpson Bay to Maho? Should we go to one before the other? We are on the island around 9 am to 3 or 3:30 pm.

To walk from Karakter to Maho is over a mile, and over half of that is along the beach on sand.

If you want to experience two beaches, I would recommend visiting Mullet Bay Beach and then over to Maho to see the planes.

gary

To walk from Karakter to Maho is over a mile, and over half of that is along the beach on sand.

If you want to experience two beaches, I would recommend visiting Mullet Bay Beach and then over to Maho to see the planes.

gary

For the beach experience I also agree with Gary. Mullet is a beautiful beach and Maho is just a decent beach that has the unique and enjoyable plane experience. Having experienced Karakter when the wooden decking was in place and then again after when it was torn down by the authorities I have to admit that it really did lose some of its appeal to me. If I were choosing a second beach based on food choices then I would choose Karakter because the food is excellent but Mullet is a nicer beach IMHO and I would combo Mullet along with Maho especially if I had never been to Mullet in the past.

Archived