Seating arrangement

Ok, this may seem like a weird question, but I'm curious nonetheless.

When you're in the MDR and sitting at a rectangular/square table with other couples, do you and your spouse sit next to each other on one side, or do you sit across the table from each other?

I would say at least 80% of the time...couples sat side by side :)

Ok, this may seem like a weird question, but I'm curious nonetheless.

When you're in the MDR and sitting at a rectangular/square table with other couples, do you and your spouse sit next to each other on one side, or do you sit across the table from each other?

I have a hearing problem; my husband sits on my left side to assist me in hearing what the waiter and/or others at the table might say. But otherwise I don't think it matters, does it??

DH and I sit side by side. However, I noticed on one of our cruises, we had a rectangle-shaped table for ten. That meant that all four couples could sit side by side, except for the couple who arrived last. They sat across from each other. They arrived late every day to dinner, sometimes they arrived just before dessert :eek: But that's for another thread.

DH and I sit side by side. However, I noticed on one of our cruises, we had a rectangle-shaped table for ten. That meant that all four couples could sit side by side, except for the couple who arrived last. They sat across from each other. They arrived late every day to dinner, sometimes they arrived just before dessert :eek: But that's for another thread.

LMAO.....maybe they showed up so late every night deliberately...knowing they would not have to sit next to each other.:eek:

I think your wait staf will let you sit anywhere at the table you want. If you get there first just how you like and the other guests will most likely follow suit. I have done both the side by side and the across the table.

After the first night, it's usually a moot point anyway because the table is half empty, especially on port days. A lot of people just don't show to the MDR for various reasons...drunk, tired, seasick, running late, went to the buffet etc.

Archived