Cruise to no where?

karensj

Has anyone gone on a cruise to no where. We are thinking of going on the Triumph on the 16th of June out of New York. Can anyone tell me what to expect. How is it cruising out of New York? We would embark on a Thursday and Disembark on a Saturday. Are these cruises typically full? Any info would be appreciated.

Karen

I did one CTN from N.O. Wouldn't do it again. 'Way too much hassle for me. Seems I barely got on the ship and it was time to get off. I felt too rushed. Great food, good shows, etc., BUT you actually have only ONE full day on the ship. It's not for everyone.;) Also - I saw lots more families with small children, 'testing the waters' so to speak. The ship I was on was booked solid.

I second Cotton. Way too much time planning, getting on, and getting off, for just one full day.

I know how down I feel on my last full day on a cruise. Now imagine that being your first day as well!

It is truly nice sailing in and out of NY harbor, but I recommend trying a 4 or 5 out of there on the Triumph, if you can.

BTW, the CTN cruises are way overpriced, as well.

Did the CTN you are looking at last year with my DD--girls only. She lives in Boston and it was a chance for us to spend time together without her two little ones. Love them to pieces, but I miss just "me and her time". Sailing out of NYC is breathtaking, especially since I was born and raised in NYC.

The ship was full, everyone seemed to be trying to crowd a full vacation into one day. The price was outrageous--okay we did have a balcony--but still outrageous! I would suggest a 4-5 day trip to Canada from NYC as a good start. You may find it more turbulent sailing out of NYC than Florida too!

Whatever you choose to do, have fun! :D

I enjoyed my CTN on the Legend last October. I think I enjoyed it more though because I sailed on the Legend the year before for a full week and it was so nice to get back on her again!!! It was a little bit of hassle as the ship was late getting in so we were on the ship later and we sailed later. However, it was dark when we sailed out of NY and I was happy for the delay - the waiting we did earlier was worth it!!!!!! I am happy that I was able to expericence the NY city and Statue of Liberty at night!! Although it was quite cold but that is why you have a few Funship Specials!! lol!!!

It was pricey which is a bad thing. Sailing in the Atlantic at the end of October was very rough too - so much that it pretty much rocked us to sleep the whole time! lol!!!! I guess it all comes down to how much you want to spend and how far you have to travel. It was a great girls weekend!!! I would like to do it again if I had the money!

Everything was pretty much the same at a regular cruise - just to cold to sit outside but June should be nice. We did not do the shows. We had Captain's Cocktail party but it does not seem as if every CTN does have one. The 2nd night was formal night. Service was great! Good luck!

Terri

Four couples did the CTN on the Victory out of Norfolk and we did a 19 hour day the first day!!! Too much to do and not enough time to enjoy. Would not do it again.

what to expect--- carrying on and off your own luggage. Tips are prepaid- you cant take them off your account. Formal night with lobster on the 2nd day. Dont expect to smuggle alcohol. Expect everything else that you will have on alonger cruise...only hurried up into a few hours.

Archived