allure deck 6 oceanview balcony: aft or forward?

I would go with the one closest to the elevator! Those Oasis class ships have the longest hallways ever!

is one better than the other in terms of privacy, noise level and feeling of the motion in case of a rough sea?

which would you choose and why?

Middle near an elevator. There are plenty of things at the front and aft of the ship that you will probably visit all week,so I would go midship.

I was just about to write the same thing about being closest to the elevator/stair lobby. The aft elevator lobby is probably a bit more convenient than the forward one (because more things are accessable from there), but it's not a major difference.

We were on deck 10 forward on Allure and sailed within 250 miles of the eye of Hurricane Irene and did not feel any significant motion in our cabin. So, I would say that aft or forward really isn't too much of an issue for motion.

On deck 6, both sections should be private and have few issues with noise. It's not discernable on the deck plans, but there the cabins are totally separate from the boardwalk, so aft shouldn't have these issues.

I was just about to write the same thing about being closest to the elevator/stair lobby. The aft elevator lobby is probably a bit more convenient than the forward one (because more things are accessable from there), but it's not a major difference.

We were on deck 10 forward on Allure and sailed within 250 miles of the eye of Hurricane Irene and did not feel any significant motion in our cabin. So, I would say that aft or forward really isn't too much of an issue for motion.

On deck 6, both sections should be private and have few issues with noise. It's not discernable on the deck plans, but there the cabins are totally separate from the boardwalk, so aft shouldn't have these issues.

We had cabin 6676. It was perfect...very near elevators, stairs, boardwalk...(donuts, coffee) right around the corner for early morning Java. We thought it was the perfect location...LOVED IT

We too had a cabin very near the aft elevators on deck 6 and loved it. Felt close to everything important to us and chose the same area for our second cruise on the Allure. I wouldn't choose any other area.

We had cabin 6676. It was perfect...very near elevators, stairs, boardwalk...(donuts, coffee) right around the corner for early morning Java. We thought it was the perfect location...LOVED IT

So happy to hear this!! My daughter and I are on the Allure in 6680 at the end of the month. My plan was to sneak out for coffee and a donut when she sleeps later than me... which is every day!

So happy to hear this!! My daughter and I are on the Allure in 6680 at the end of the month. My plan was to sneak out for coffee and a donut when she sleeps later than me... which is every day!

:o Lol....You picked a great spot. Near the stairs, elevators, a lot of action...eateries...etc. AND NO NOISE. Great location....

Archived