Something that made me chuckle!! :)

Geez, taking this a little personally, maybe?:rolleyes:

OP, thanks for the smiles your post gave me. I've cruised other lines, but we always come back to NCL. It's the perfect fit for us, too.

Yay, someone I DIDN'T offend!!;)

Glad I made you chuckle too.........I never meant to offend!!:(

One big reason we love NCL is freestyle! No need to pack all your fancy clothes that take up so much room (and they're uncomfortable besides!) We dress resort casual most of the time anyway, so that's easy for us. DH and I share one large suitcase for a cruise and we have room leftover! That would not be the case if we had to get gussied up for dinner!

We love NCL!

I'm with you ALL the way......well.....I may take a bigger suitcase and have no room leftover but you know what I mean!! ;)

OP~ Thanks for sharing.... I had a much needed laugh. :D

When we were trying to decide which cruise to take for our first, my DH's only request was that he did not want to pack a tux.

The more I read and learn on these boards, the more I realize I made the right decision to go with NCL.

And THAT..........making someone laugh......was my ONLY intention!! :)

And the more I read and learn on here makes ME realise why I will stick with NCL..........each to his own :)

Nothing says you HAVE to get all dressed up to enjoy one of these other lines...there are alternatives for all ships...some like to dress up, some don't, to each their own!

I agree that this is childish, why point fingers?

I was in NO WAY pointing a finger..........I was merely pointing out that I.....I......can see WHY I choose NCL over other lines even being a novice cruiser, not why someone else would choose another cruise line! I was merely looking ....out of interest.....at other cruise lines forums....and noting the differences.....I fail to see the * childishness* in that!:mad:

Awe whatever. I figure I have no issue with people laughing no matter how they get there. You all that had to spew about the OP have no more tolerance for her sense of humor than you feel she has for alternative cruise styles. In case your lack of humor and tolerance has also affected your ability to read between the lines, that makes you hypocrites.

I am completely entertained by the entire thing. Thank you OP AND hypocrites. I got mad love for you all for giving me something to occupy my bored mind. Carry on.

To the original topic...I am going on my first NCL next December. Ive done 7 CCLs and figure I'm now moving up to the big time!!:D

Thank-you for that, I most certainly never meant to offend!

I hope you thoroughly enjoy your cruise with NCL.........I'm sure you will :)

hmmmm, methinks someone is overcompensating for a lack of humor by talk of spending big bucks. I honestly don't believe the OP was knocking anyone, but is honestly pleased with their choice of NCL and/or was truly amused by observational humor, which is just as subjective as cruising styles.

Remember all, it's not the price you pay for things which bring enjoyment, its living the experience to the full

Perhaps for someone like me who has not travelled extensively, my upcoming week to the Caribbean is just as exotic to me as your Moscow trip was to you...and I won't need a driver or translator, therefore my tips to my butler, conceirge and room steward might just make up for my lack of expenditure elsewhere

Just a thought.

Thanks for that.......I most certainly was NOT knocking anyone.......I AM pleased with my choice of NCL and a lot of the threads on the other forum genuinely made me laugh out loud....so if my sense of humour is not someone elses.....I make no apologies!!:confused:

Geez, the OP was very careful to say that she wasn't criticizing people that chose those cruises but that she was very happy she chose NCL.

OP, keep posting and smiling and don't worry about the sour pusses that just look to throw stones :rolleyes:

I look back and laugh at how seriously we took ourselves in our early years of cruising with tuxes (even for the kids) and long dresses and dress shoes for everyone. I too am thrilled that I have found my casual home on the sea with NCL!!

Thank-you dznymom, I certainly was NOT criticising anyone......just noting the VERY different threads that appear on other cruise lines!!

I don't post often.......maybe I should keep my thoughts to myself!!:o

Maybe, just maybe, your should follow your own advice. Your condescension is quite obvious and very unbecoming.

Travel where you like, when you like and how you like. Personally, I'm glad we have so many choices. Variety is the spice of life! How boring would life be if we all liked the same things?

Hopes4......it WAS condescending, wasn't it?

I never made mention of money, tipping, or wraparound cabins!!!! How on earth would that poster KNOW what my family and I paid for, what kind of cabin we had etc? All I did was go to another forum and read their threads......guess I'll stick to NCL!!! ;)

Thank you to the original poster (and others) for a good laugh. Too bad some can't understand the real meaning of your post. On our first cruise (Carnival) I too worried about the dress clothes and if we would fit in. Now I look back and think how silly it is. As I get older I have decided to be myself and not worry about conforming to someone else's idea of what I should be, do or wear. ;)

You can see by my signature that we have sailed on different lines and I find them very similar in many ways, we have also sailed different itineraries and usually book based on which ship goes where I want to go rather than being "loyal" to any one line. I don't care about the "perks" you can get. I am looking forward to our first cruise on Norwegian next April. I think we will fit into the "freestyle" way of cruising just fine. :D

It IS a shame that some couldn't understand the real meaning of my post, but I guess we are all different....thankfully!!;)

Speaking of childish........... SMILE. It increases your face value.

Seriously......You REALLY need to learn to relax, really relax, and let those of us on the bottom rungs of society have a laugh every now and then. :D

Are you sailing the Epic this August, palmyrafan..........cos I think you and I would get on VERY well ;)

Are you sailing the Epic this August, palmyrafan..........cos I think you and I would get on VERY well ;)

Unfortunately we're not, sweetheart. We are sailing on the Gem in September up the eastern seaboard.

And I agree....I think we would get along great!!!!

Im sailing here soon on my first NCL and cant wait to see what their dining is like! I did book one of the pay restaurants for one night but thats the only dining commitment we have :p As far as dressing up, the last few cruises I havent done it, I just didnt want too so therefore I could not eat in the dining room...

As someone who has worn glasses to see since I was 6 years old, packing an extra pair of eyeglasses (usually a pair with an old Rx), has been a practice on trips since I was a child.

As for packing your accessories in a secure bag, the OP won't be laughing the first time when her camera, phone, I-pod, etc accessories are lifted from her checked luggage.

As for no formal nights on NCL, the more savvy cruisers can read between the lines and know that the suggestion is there for formal wear for such things as the night of the Captain's reception . In fact, on several of our NCL cruises, one dining room was reserved on that night for passengers in formal wear. No freeslob passengers were allowed in that DR on that night.

OP I think this thread is hillarious! And I understand your original post. With that said...do you have any Grey Poupon?

I am thinking a couple of people on here do not care for the Blue Collar Comedy Tour.

OP, I, too, saw the gentle humor in your post. It made me smile, and also surprised me that some thought it offensive. Please keep on being yourself and don't be put off by some responses. And this comes from someone who IS a world traveler, having worked in the international field for many years and having lived and worked abroad. My idea of "travel" used to be going somewhere for work, not vacation. In fact, I was somewhat of a snob about vacationers, however they traveled. Now that I no longer travel for work, I actually --gasp!--take vacations. And of them all (including wine trekking in Italy), my husband and I have grown to love cruising. And of the 3 different cruise lines we've been on, we love NCL! It's not the money, it's the feeling.

Oh my!!!! I most certainly never meant to offend ANYONE with the things that made me chuckle! And I have to say, my sense of humour may be * childish *.....but at least I have one!!:rolleyes:

MeltingMoments - thanks for your laugh in the original post. Don't pay attention to the curmudgeons. :D

As for no formal nights on NCL, the more savvy cruisers can read between the lines and know that the suggestion is there for formal wear for such things as the night of the Captain's reception . In fact, on several of our NCL cruises, one dining room was reserved on that night for passengers in formal wear. No freeslob passengers were allowed in that DR on that night.

I like to think that I'm a reasonably savvy cruiser. When I've spoken with NCL captains, they've advocated for FreeStyle dress even at their cocktail receptions.

I find your denigrating reference to "freeslob" to be offensive and unnecessary.

Clothes do not make the man, as the saying goes.

Quote As for packing your accessories in a secure bag, the OP won't be laughing the first time when her camera, phone, I-pod, etc accessories are lifted from her checked luggage. Unquote

Actually the * accessories * that were being talked about here were more likely to have meant hair and jewellery accessories!!

I'm not such an unseasoned traveller that I would have my I-pod etc in my checked luggage!! Not quite sure where that one came from!!:confused:

OP I think this thread is hillarious! And I understand your original post. With that said...do you have any Grey Poupon?

I am thinking a couple of people on here do not care for the Blue Collar Comedy Tour.

I had to look up * grey poupon*......being British, it was new to me!!!

THEN....I laughed my head off!!

OP, I, too, saw the gentle humor in your post. It made me smile, and also surprised me that some thought it offensive. Please keep on being yourself and don't be put off by some responses. And this comes from someone who IS a world traveler, having worked in the international field for many years and having lived and worked abroad. My idea of "travel" used to be going somewhere for work, not vacation. In fact, I was somewhat of a snob about vacationers, however they traveled. Now that I no longer travel for work, I actually --gasp!--take vacations. And of them all (including wine trekking in Italy), my husband and I have grown to love cruising. And of the 3 different cruise lines we've been on, we love NCL! It's not the money, it's the feeling.

Thank-you for that, I am only ever myself, and anyone that knows me , knows I would be ( and WAS ) horrified to think I had offended someone!!:o

BTW.....I love the sound of wine trekking in Italy!:)

I like to think that I'm a reasonably savvy cruiser. When I've spoken with NCL captains, they've advocated for FreeStyle dress even at their cocktail receptions.

I find your denigrating reference to "freeslob" to be offensive and unnecessary.

Clothes do not make the man, as the saying goes.

I totally agree with you about the use of the word * freeslob*.....very offensive and unnecessary!!:(

Even in my original post......which clearly upset some people.........I was never rude .......

Archived