And yet another redundant ?

navigator71

Has anyone ever carried on wine and not been charged corkage fee? A girl can dream, right?:rolleyes:

Last time there was no one at the "desk" to check it in....so........who knows... see ya at the M&G!

Good luck with that... they will catch it in the x-ray scan if you don't declare it. I have seen people bring boxed wine on without it being noticed, although I wouldn't recommend it as you would have to take it out of the box and if that thing pops all your stuff would be ruined.

I had gone thru xray..told them I had wine...before hand ...and then there was no on to check it in at NCL desk...so....just took it onboard..

Yea, on my last cruise I was honest. I told the screeners that I had a bottle of wine with me and wanted to pay the corkage fee. Yet, no one ever charged me for it. So it does happen, but I wouldn't count on it. Plan on paying the corkage fee and then being pleasantly surprised if you don't.

Thanks all!! I am fine with paying, just thought it'd be interesting to hear about those rare cases of being honest and actually not having to pay....

Jaja, you best be packed, my dear!!! You only have a few more hours to pull it all together!!! See you on Mom's Day!!!!!:p

When we go, we bring 6 bottles of wine with us. We carry them in the box they came in. We tell the XRay guys that we have it. Twice, I didn't have to pay because there was no one at the wine check-in desk. But once I was able to take it on with no corking fees.

It seems that it depends on if someone is there at the table when you check in.

Good luck!

Archived