Best beach?

4wheeltravel

I'm a procrastinator and we will be in Cozumel in about 2 weeks. What is the best beach? We have 12 people and are looking for a place that includes water toys for the kids, parasailing etc.

Also - what is the best way to get there ie book an excursion (not thru the cruise line) or just get a cab when we get there?

Thanks!

FYI - kids are 10,14,14,17,17,18,18

Go to Paradise Beach - they have everything you are looking for, plus a huge pool and updated changing facilities and lockers. PB is about a 10-15 minute cab ride from the piers -- get two cabs and put 6 in each for about $4 per person. Good luck! :)

I agree: Paradise Beach. No need to book anything for that beach. You just show up. Admission is free, beach chairs are $2. The water toys are so much fun, and the $12 to use those includes use of the kayaks and life jackets & snorkel equipment rentals. With food, you pay as you go. Parasailing will pick up at the end of the pier that's right at the beach. I've heard prices anywhere from $40 to $70pp for doing that. The best snorkeling is right underneath the end of that pier. The fish love it right there. For the cab rides, put 8 in one cab and 4 in the other. You'll save $30 as opposed to doing 6 & 6. For 1-4 people, the cost is $13 each way. For 6-8, the cost is $28 each way. If you do 8 & 4, the total roundtrip cost will be $82 plus tip. With 6 & 6, it would be $112.

Archived