I'm home from my cruise on the Pride

deedee290

I'll write some of my thoughts about this cruise, I've gone on a total of 8 cruises. The Port of Baltimore sure knows how to handle people! We were on the ship less than 1/2 hour from getting to the port. They have improved so much. We went on a cruise from Baltimore a while ago the ship got stuck coming back to port and we sat at the lounge on the top pf the ship for hours! it was 8pm before we were able to get off!!

The ship is showing its age some but she sure is aging gracefully! It's a lovely ship, easy to get around on with many different things to do. My favorite place of the ship was the Butterfly Lounge ( I am really into butterflies, my mother loved them and she passed away in 95--now they are my favorite thing) The Comedy Club is there if you love comedy this is the place to go, they have family and adult comedy. The is also a place that surrounds the outside of the TajMa hall ( the theater where all the brodway shows are) I believe its called the Secret Garden, if you like down time it's a place to go to relax and be in the quiet. And no I didn't go there to spend any time, there was so much to do and so little time.

The chair hogs on the deck with the pools were out in full force. It was so unfair--I watched many chairs that were unoccupied all morning but had some thing on them to save. it was really sad. I wish Carnival would so something to enforce their 1/2 hour rule. i can see if you need to get a drink, your lunch or something like that. I saw a girl come onto the deck at 11:30 you could tell she just work up, coffee clothing etc. i had been past that area several times since 7:30 and it was never used (the chair) just had stuff on it.

We went to Grand Turk, a huge Margarettaville with a huge meandering pool. Perfect weather, drinks and music great day there! And then there was Half Moon Cay the most perfect place in the world. Wonderful beach, not a stone or rock anywhere, just really soft sand. The water was so blue--perfect. There was a huge BBQ and many pavillions to eat at. There were bars and even a massage place. Couldn't ask for anything better. If you like action and adventure, there were many excursions to choose from.

Freeport is a working port not pretty but had some shopping. We did take a cab to town $5.00 each way typical straw market type of shops, some upscale too. Back at the port there are souviner shops where they have some of everything. I really enjoyed it there of course I spent too much money! The ride home was pretty bumpy--once we got into the Atlantic it was really windy.

The food was OK. They had some great desserts. Dinners were not what they used to be and the dining room is more casual then before, but the service was great.

All in all it was a very relaxing trip for me and I would go again in a heartbeat!

Archived