Help with room selection on Equinox

chaucer642

I'm a newbie cruiser. So new, in fact, that I have no idea what would be a good room/direction/area to choose on the Equinox for their Eastern Mediterranean cruise in September.

I think we'll be going CC. Hoping for some tips.

Also, besides the Blu + spa advantages, is there any advantage, in terms of location, to the AC rooms?

Thanks.

...Also, besides the Blu + spa advantages, is there any advantage, in terms of location, to the AC rooms?

Thanks.

Most of the AQ cabins are on the top floor of staterooms. Most of the cabins on that floor have an overhang where the deck above extends out from the ship a bit. Some people love this as it provides shade and some people hate it as it blocks direct sunlight and obscures the "straight up" sight-line of the sky. Some locations on that floor have more of an overhang than others if that makes a difference to you.

Also, because of public space above some of the cabins (pool area), these cabins might be subject to noise if people are running or moving furniture on the floor above the cabins. This would not apply to all cabins and we had no issue in ours which was near the mid-ship elevators.

We took our first cruise in the 1980's on Carnival's Celebration. There were folks we met who had cabins under the kitchen. Yes, the old ships put cabins there. They said the noise was 24X7.

I've always remembered that and will never take a cabin with a public area above it. This could be a cafeteria, pool deck, etc.

I'm a newbie cruiser. So new, in fact, that I have no idea what would be a good room/direction/area to choose on the Equinox for their Eastern Mediterranean cruise in September.

I think we'll be going CC. Hoping for some tips.

Also, besides the Blu + spa advantages, is there any advantage, in terms of location, to the AC rooms?

Thanks.

Just off that same cruise....

I would suggest a room just aft (back) of midship. The solstice class ships all vibrate a bit towards the bow when docking (using the bow thrusters) and this can be enough to wake you earlier than you might want when the ship docks early.

We generally book the starboard side. We have seen many coastlines from ships and as romantic as it sounds, you really can't tell if you are looking at Cuba or the Greek coast. Unless you are in the dardanelles or straight of messina where the channel is quite narrow, you are too far from shore to see all that much. Although smoking is mostly prohibited on Celebrity ships, it is permitted in a few places on the port (left) side of the ship...and yes, sometimes that does creep on to the balconies....so we like starboard. We were in 1138 for 25 nights and it was a great location.

I am in the camp that hates the overhang on the balcony of the aqua class cabins....but we book aqua class because of Blu dining. For us, it's worth a couple of hundred dollars more just for Blu....we really don't use much of the other Aqua perks...the ship water is fine and probably purer than the stuff in the bottles...and so on.

Great cruise ..... you'll enjoy it.

It seems that the Concierge cabins are not as popular as the Aqua cabins.

Catogary 1A cabins with the larger balconies are popular. These are the ones on "the angle of the hump" 1st and third are the largest on the rear angle and 2nd and fourth on the forward hump angle.

These angled balconies are also in CC and Aqua class. Check the spreadsheet in the first sticky above.

Last time I looked the spreadsheet was post 1580 on page 79.

Thanks for the sticky information.

My friend and I are now considering an Aqua Class cabin. I read that there is a difference in the size of the overhangs on these cabins. I'm looking for a cabin which has some sun and some shade. Can someone recommend a cabin?

Thanks again for all your responses.

Archived