Equinox in December. Problems??

ditom

We will be on the first cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale after Equinox returns from Europe. We've heard rumors that there could be delays due to changing itinerary or crew changes. Has anyone had first hand experience with this??

If so, please share your input.

Thanks,

Tom

There has already been a long post on this. There is usually not a crew change, as most of the crew changes happen overseas. I have heard about a delay in boarding, but never more than 30 minutes. Do not worry, just have a great time

There has already been a long post on this. There is usually not a crew change, as most of the crew changes happen overseas. I have heard about a delay in boarding, but never more than 30 minutes. Do not worry, just have a great time

Found the thread.

Thanks

We will be on the first cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale after Equinox returns from Europe. We've heard rumors that there could be delays due to changing itinerary or crew changes. Has anyone had first hand experience with this??

If so, please share your input.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Ditom,

We often sail the first Caribbean sailing of the season. Generally speaking, the embarkation is worse than normal. The ship is nearly certain to have 1 or more inspections, which delays boarding. Secondly, there is often several Crew members coming and going. Just the fact that it's the first Cruise of the season, it often seems to delay the boarding process.

With that said, and from my experiences, it amounts to anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour or two more than usual. While it's a minor inconvenience, it's certainly not anything to be concerned about.

I hope this helps. Enoy your Cruise !

Archived