Very disappointed by Carnival, they outright lied

FYI

Another benefit of Princess. I am booked on a Panama Canal Cruise and finidhed paying early (because of my tax refund) and the price dropped $1000.00. I still got the discounted price. They refunded the amount to my CC.

I'm having a hard time with this.

OP says they repeated the rule to the Carnival rep, read it, and repeated it again.......

OP knew the rules and yet went ahead and made the booking/payment.

Why ?

And now to complain that (s) he had the written word as to the rules, read it, and chose to ignore the rules.

Sorry it happened but Op learned an $80 lesson.

I also agree it is not worth 4 1/2 hours of tears and upset to ME but sorry it was to OP.

I won't get the $80 off before I go on my trip. I spent 4.5 hours and lots of tears trying to figure this out.

Spending 4.5 hours to save $80 means that you value your time at $17 per hour. My time is worth more that $17 per hour.

DON

I wouldnt be crying, but I would be pissed, and I would post it all over the web. For me, it doesnt have anything to do with the amount of money, but just the principal of a salesperson saying whatever it takes to make a sale.

To the OP, you should file a greivance with your credit card company and tell them you got duped and ask your CC company to reverse the charge.

Agree-my Mom felt this way big time and would return if she was cheated 50 cents and it cost a couple of dollars in gas to return to the store-she would say "It's the principle."

If you are persistent and don't mind spending another few hours on the phone, you can probably get the $80 in on-board credit. I have seen them use that as a gracious way to resolve a dispute with a passenger. Some of the customer service reps are down right surly and you might want to hang up and try again. Good luck and smooth sailing the rest of the way.

Archived